Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Corrolla D4D Problems

Hi

I have a 2010 Toyoto Corrolla D4D. Overall its a great car and very economical.

We have it 6 months now and about 2 months ago it suddenly lost power and died (over the course of 15secs) while we pulled in. It started again and drove fine with the engine managment light on. I brough it too the garage the next day (at which point the engine managment light had gone off). They did the diagnostic which told them to upgrade the software for the fuel rails and drive it again for 100miles. It has since done probably over 1000 miles and was going perfect but had the same problem this morning, again drives fine afterwards.

Anyone have similar issues with the Corolla D4D's???

Thanks
    D
    There Rice krispie cakes not buns

I used to have similar problems with a landcruiser and it would lose power, Turn it off and start again in two minutes and it would drive again fine with the light on the dashboard still on for the journey.
    I think it was filters? Did it happen while in cruise control?
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Hard to diagnose - could be one of many things, or a combination of several.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Do you use it for short trips? Modern diesels need good runs to heat up the exhaust filters etc to run properly

Google the problem, check Corolla D4D forums
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
          Do you use it for short trips? Modern diesels need good runs to heat up the exhaust filters etc to run properly...
          Constant urban stop start trips will cause DPF and DMF issues. The engine will run cleaner and more efficiently when warmed up (which takes me 2 or 3 miles on a new modern diesel). Filters (fuel and air) work perfectly at any temperature.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

We had something similar a few years ago with a Peugeot. Turns out it was an environmental filter. It kept going and killing the engine. Great fun on the M25.

We fixed it many times only for it to go again a few weeks later. In the end we fixed it one last time and sold it.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
            X