Pig n Porter 2013!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig n Porter 2013!!!!!!!!

One week to go to the greatest tag rugby festival in the world!! This year we have added international tag rugby on the Friday night with Ireland vs GB for men's, women's and mixed started at 7.30pm & Pig Racing at 8.30pm after the tag rugby has finished. Usual entertainment until late - Whitewater & Fr Ted Disco until late. There are a few €10 tickets still available admission on the day will be €15. Hopefully the weather will be like today!!
    Its deja vu all over again!!!

So are there going to be some ice-baths dotted about the place this year ?! Delighted we'll be having a sunny PnP this year, and relieved the temperature forecast is in the low 20's for saturday so we won't all be dropping dead from the heat exhaustion.
    Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Should be great weather for it.

Nenagh Ormond are having a Ruck & Roll day festival also this year on July 27th, main band (among others) will be Rattle & Hum, the best U2 tribute band (their words not mine!!)

Details on www.nenaghormondrfc.com

Unfortunately I will be on holidays, was a great success last year with Hermitage Green playing on one of the few good days we got last summer.

Comment

Greatest tag rugby festival in the world is a bit like saying most realistic pro wrestling in the world.

Tag rugby is a glorified training drill that's interesting for about 10 minutes. Not that the P&P won't be a great day with sun, bbq and beer but tag rugby is to real rugby like cricket is to hurling.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
          Greatest tag rugby festival in the world is a bit like saying most realistic pro wrestling in the world.

Tag rugby is a glorified training drill that's interesting for about 10 minutes. Not that the P&P won't be a great day with sun, bbq and beer but tag rugby is to real rugby like cricket is to hurling.
          grinch
          Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindamo...th/9275920473/
            some fabliss shots of the most realistic pro wrestling in the world
            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The pig racing for the post match entertainment was a good laugh .. the fellas trying to get us to buy bets on the various pigs gradually realised the job they'd been given was a license to flirt with any female they wanted to approach !!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWL...e_gdata_player
              tiny little taste of the pig racing .. I'm sure there'll be plenty more videos appearing as there was plenty of camera around.

apparently the fella who created tag rugby (aus tag) came to check out the Pig n Porter & was duly impressed. There was a serious number of people through the gates at old crescent for the weekend, the weather meant everyone hung out on the main pitch rather than inside the marquee - this is what it looked like as I was leaving !
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1013[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2477592

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                The pig racing for the post match entertainment was a good laugh .. the fellas trying to get us to buy bets on the various pigs gradually realised the job they'd been given was a license to flirt with any female they wanted to approach !!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWL...e_gdata_player
                tiny little taste of the pig racing .. I'm sure there'll be plenty more videos appearing as there was plenty of camera around.

apparently the fella who created tag rugby (aus tag) came to check out the Pig n Porter & was duly impressed. There was a serious number of people through the gates at old crescent for the weekend, the weather meant everyone hung out on the main pitch rather than inside the marquee - this is what it looked like as I was leaving !
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7073[/ATTACH]
                I spotted you out there and tried to get your attention, but it was in vain.. either that or you were ignoring me!
                Good weekend out there, apart from the shambolic bar situation on Saturday night
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by munstermoll View Post
                  I spotted you out there and tried to get your attention, but it was in vain.. either that or you were ignoring me!
                  Good weekend out there, apart from the shambolic bar situation on Saturday night
                  hahaha .. I spotted you & tried to get your attention too, but you were too busy lining up the right spot to take photos from !

Comment

The GB ladies team's shorts are going to be made mandatory for female competitors from now on, I believe. I, for one, welcome this.
                    On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Woggas View Post
                      The GB ladies team's shorts are going to be made mandatory for female competitors from now on, I believe. I, for one, welcome this.
                      And you'll immediately see a massive drop in the number of women playing tag rugby with an equally rapid disappearance of social tag below grade A level.

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                        And you'll immediately see a massive drop in the number of women playing tag rugby with an equally rapid disappearance of social tag below grade A level.
                        It was a tongue in cheek comment LL. The best thing about tag is that it's mixed. The mixed international on Friday night was better than the single sex games.
                        On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Woggas View Post
                          It was a tongue in cheek comment LL. The best thing about tag is that it's mixed. The mixed international on Friday night was better than the single sex games.
                          What did you make of the international games Woggas (apart from the shorts!)? Something that could become more common?

Comment

Originally posted by buster View Post
                            What did you make of the international games Woggas (apart from the shorts!)? Something that could become more common?
                            I thought it was a good spectacle. The international games had less errors than the games you see on a Tuesday and Thursday. I think it has a future, ITRA and The Aus Tag guys are people who get things done, so if anyone can make a go of it they can. It's a different type of game to rugby, obviously the lines of running and passing are the same, but with no contact allowed it is more beneficial to be fast than bulked up. With the weather being so good, the pace of the game was something to behold.

Comment

Some of the tagging done in the international games was spectacular .. the GB crew only brought a mens team & a womens team, wheras Ireland had squads for mens, womens & entirely fresh set for the mixed game, so once the men won their match it was always going to be difficult for GB to get the in the mixed match as they simply didn't have any fresh legs left.

the women's game was very tight, Gb pulled away a couple of times but the irish team pulled them back to within 2 points a couple of times. the Mens match started out tight, but the irish were better able to convert pressure to points & keep out their GB counterparts. hopefully we'll see some video footage surfacing of the games.

Comment

Working...
                              X