RIP James Gandolfini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP James Gandolfini

Absolutely gobsmacked. One of my favorite actors and always a guy you'd see around Manhattan.

Best known for Tony Soprano, but an outstanding actor in anything he turned his hand to.
    To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

First i thought was hoax. holy crap im gobsmacked though. RIP Jimmy
    "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Stunned to hear this news - the character of Tony Soprano is iconic over the last 20 years and James Gandolfini was the perfect man for that role. A really nice guy by all accounts as well. RIP.

Comment

Sad news. Seems to have been very well liked. Hate to see young kids lose a parent.

Comment

I'm shocked. RIP - a great actor.
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Always annoyed me when great actors who die are remembered almost exclusively for one role, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing in this situation. The Sopranos changed television for the better and, even when you consider the number of great characters in the show through the years, the majority of the credit has to go to Gandolfini. He was exceptional and I don't think we'll ever see a situation on television again wherein an actor, a character and the creative force behind the show link so well. At least the Sopranos Movie rumours can finally be put to bed now!

Also stunned to see he was only 51, he looked that age when the Sopranos started.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Great actor, and a wonderful series.

Surprised he was only 51 as well. At his weight, he was prime heart attack material.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

RIP James, and like everyone I was surprised at his age...

have you seen how fat he looks here...
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22980414
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

RIP James , grazie. Sleeping with the fishes tonight Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mbf36o3I7a1rcbgauo2_1280.png
Views:	1
Size:	368.6 KB
ID:	2477450

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                    Always annoyed me when great actors who die are remembered almost exclusively for one role, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing in this situation.
                    I thought he was absolutely brilliant in The Mexican with Pitt and Julia Roberts as the gay hitman, really sad to see such a talent lost so young.
                    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

He'll be sadly missed, was a superb actor. Played all kinds of roles from the mayor of NYC in Taking of Pelham 123 to the gangster kingpin in the Sopranos. A very sad day! Soprano film (if made) won't be the same without him

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                        Great actor, and a wonderful series.

Surprised he was only 51 as well. At his weight, he was prime heart attack material.
                        John Candy went the same way i think, another massive talent. Loved him in that movie 'in the loop' and surviving christmas and killing me softly, true romance along with lots of others. Jesus this is such a bad start to the day.
                        "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Hope this doesn't cause any copyright problems or anything, but I thought it was worth putting up - Top 20 Tony Soprano quotes:
                          1. “There’s an old Italian saying: you f***up once, you lose two teeth”.
                          2. “If you can quote the rules, then you canobey them.”
                          3. “Even a broken clock is right twice aday.”
                          4. “I wipe my ass with your feelings.”
                          5. “I’m like King Midas in reverse.Everything I touch turns to s**t.”
                          6. “Oh, poor baby. What do you want, aWhitman’s Sampler?”
                          7. When asked what line of work he is in:“Waste management consultant. My father was in it. My uncle was in it. Maybe Iwas too lazy to think for myself.”
                          8. “What use is an unloaded gun?”
                          9. “You got any idea what my life would beworth if certain people found out I checked into a laughing academy?"
                          10. Referring to his mother’s involvement ina plot to kill him: “What kind of person can I be, where his own mother wantshim dead?”
                          11. Speaking to his psychiatrist, after hethreatens to smash her face during a therapy session: “Is this a woman thing?You ask me how I’m feeling. I tell you how I’m feeling, and now you’re going totorture me with it.”
                          12. “Nowadays, everybody’s gotta go toshrinks and counsellors, and go on SallyJessy Raphael and talk about their problems. What happened to Gary Cooper?The strong, silent type.”
                          13. “We’re soldiers. Soldiers don’t go tohell. It’s war. Soldiers kill other soldiers. We’re in a situation whereeveryone involved knows the stakes and if you are going to accept those stakes,you’ve got to do certain things. It’s business.”
                          14. “Log off. That cookies s*** makes menervous.”
                          15. “When you’re married, you’ll understandthe importance of fresh produce.”
                          16. “It wasn’t like it was friggin’ Cobain.It was just a little suicidal gesture, that’s all.”
                          17. “A wrong decision is better than indecision.”
                          18. “This isn’t painful. Getting shot ispainful. Getting stabbed in the ribs is painful. This ... isn’t painful. It’sempty. Dead.”
                          19. “All due respect, you got no f***ing ideawhat it’s like to be Number One. Every decision you make affects every facet ofevery other f***ing thing. It’s too much to deal with almost. And in the endyou’re completely alone with it all.”
                          20. When speaking to his wife, Carmela:“You’re only religious when it suits you.”

Comment

So many scenes from the Sopranos worth posting to show just how good an actor he was, but this one seems particularly relevant at the moment:

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Heard it first this mornin on twitter and thought it was some kind of joke. Class actor, RIP.
                              Anyone see him in the castle, with robert redford?
                              And another movie with "alabama" in the title?

Wonder would he have made it if he wasnt overweight, he certainly wouldnt have got the part of tony soprano.

Comment

Working...
                              X