Adrian Bayley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrian Bayley

I read earlier that this toerag had been found guilty of 20 sexual offences, but assumed it must have been typo or mistake. How could someone with 20 rape convictions still be knocking around?

But no, he has indeed 20 prior sex offence convictions (for "rape offences" according to the Guardian). Released early on most if not all of his sentences. He was let out on parole in 2011 (should have been in jail until a couple of months ago on some of the rape convictions) and then arrested for assault he appealed it and was freed again. Unfortunately for Jill Meagher and who knows who else.

Well done the Australian Justice system! You certainly take your duties of protecting your citizens seriously. I wonder did the fact that many of his victims were prostitutes lead to this. Rape is a notoriously difficult offence to procecute, so I can only imagine his true tally of victims.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...e-jill-meagher

Unbelievable that scum like that could be walking the streets. How was he not tagged at the very least?
    Your heart would go out to her husband, family and friends.

Comment

Horrible man, horrific case.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Couldn't believe it when I heard about the twenty prior convictions on the news this morning. A serious failing on behave of the Australian justice system. I remember following this intently at the time it happened. Ever since I have become extremely protective of my GF when she heads out for a night with her friends. I plead with her to drop me a txt every now and then and I will stay up most nights to collect her afterwards like an overprotective father. Sad really on my behalf but it affected me a lot at the time and still does. I think about the absolute fear and hopelessness Jill must have felt at the time and the fear and hopelessness her husband must feel since and it breaks my heart and the thought of something similar happening to my GF makes me scared s**tless.

Comment

Terrible to hear that in all reality this filthy should have been rotting in prison until the end of his days instead of roam the streets seeking fresh victims. However the same has and is happening here on a daily basis in regard to bail and early release. In all societies there are predators/deviants who if and when they are identified should be lock away indefinitely for the safety of the rest of the community.
          Was watching law abiding citizen on rte last night and it is easy to sympathize with Gerard Butlers character when you hear a story like this.
          Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

look at the most recent rape "sentence" publicised in this country, the Judge decided to give a suspended sentence because the rapist had autistic children & it would be too much strain on his wife if he were in prison !
            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

The Australian Women's Safety Survey conducted by the Bureau of Statistics in 1996 involved a random sample 6,300 women aged 18 and over. It produced incidence finding of 1.9 per cent for sexual assault in the previous 12 months. Known men accounted for over two-thirds of assailants (68%). Only 15% of the assaulted women in the sample reported to the police.
              http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/Ausst...41280_1996.pdf

Conviction rates for sexual assault continue to be low. Research reviewing the South Australian Office of Crime Statistics figures for 1981-1991 demonstrated that outcomes of guilty as charged for rape and attempted rape were low and falling as a proportion of these offences reported to the police. In 1991, the number of findings of guilty as charged was only 4% of the number of rape offences reported to South Australian police (Heath & Naffine, 1994). Conviction rates have fallen since this time. Over the decade 1993-2002 the rate of convictions as charged for rape and attempted rape has fallen from 3.1% in 1993 to as low as 1.6% of the number of offences reported in 1998 and 2001.
              http://www.yarrowplace.sa.gov.au/boo...tatistics.html

...and this guy managed 20 convictions. I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that the 20 are probably a small minority of his crimes.

Comment

This was another case where a convicted rapist was paroled and broke his parole conditions by raping someone and instead of revoking bail, he got a fine and community service! The parents won there case and thankfully, last year, I think, the scumbag died in prison.
                http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26201762.html
                Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

http://www.thejournal.ie/victim-deva...44400-Jun2013/ we really don't have to look as far as Australia to see a fcuked up justice system. This man raped a child then is sent free to look after 2 seriously special needs children! EDIT: was posting at the same time as LL, same case
                  "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

The guy sounds like a classic psychopath. He supposedly managed to get early parole by participating in a sex-offenders rehab programme and managed to game the 'system'.

Given the crime and his previous record I'd say he's looking at a 'life sentence', whatever that might mean in Australia I'm not sure.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Christ lads, Not everything has to be an excuse to bring up Irish problems or to have a go at the Irish system on x, y or z. This is an incident that happened in Australia involving an Irish girl, the disgrace that this monster was still allowed to walk the streets despite twenty previous convictions is a failing of the Australian justice system. There is no need to go bringing up completely separate Irish cases for no other reason than to have a go at the Irish system. Every country has its failings but it is a typical Irish reaction to sooner stand up for a foreign country than your own. I'm sure there is another thread for discussions on our own flawed judicial system but surely this thread is better served sticking to the subject of its title.
                      Last edited by BOK; 11th-June-2013, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                        The guy sounds like a classic psychopath. He supposedly managed to get early parole by participating in a sex-offenders rehab programme and managed to game the 'system'.

Given the crime and his previous record I'd say he's looking at a 'life sentence', whatever that might mean in Australia I'm not sure.
                        Similar to here I think (indefinite detention), but with set timeframes on parole hearings as opposed to judge mandated.
                        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
                          Christ lads, Not everything has to be an excuse to bring up Irish problems or to have a go at the Irish system on x, y or z. This is an incident that happened in Australia involving an Irish girl, the disgrace that this monster was still allowed to walk the streets despite twenty previous convictions is a failing of the Australian justice system. There is no need to go bringing up completely separate Irish cases for no other reason than to have a go at the Irish system. Every country has its failings but it is a typical Irish reaction to sooner stand up for a foreign country than your own. I'm sure there is another thread for discussions on our own flawed judicial system but surely this thread is better served sticking to the subject of its title.
                          My reason for bringing it up is that the same failing could very well exist in our system given the tendancy toward overly lenient sentencing for sex-offences in this country, Yes it's right to question how someone with so many past convictions was on release & escalated his habitual behaviour to murder but just because this case was in australia why souldn't we raise the comparison to Ireland as both countries use a similar legal system.
                          Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                            My reason for bringing it up is that the same failing could very well exist in our system given the tendancy toward overly lenient sentencing for sex-offences in this country, Yes it's right to question how someone with so many past convictions was on release & escalated his habitual behaviour to murder but just because this case was in australia why souldn't we raise the comparison to Ireland as both countries use a similar legal system.
                            Yes it is true that the same failing could happen in this country, maybe it already has, but in this instance it is not at the center of the discussion that was intended for this thread and tbh I really don't see the point in trying to make it so. As I said I'm sure there is another thread on the Irish justice system burried in blabla somewhere but the title of this thread is "insert monster's name". It is like the comments section on the Journal where people find some way to bring up "the Government" or just how generally supposed "crap this country is" on a column to do with a bloody soccer match or something. Any excuse to drag an Irish problem into something that has no relation. It is just my opinion Lahinch, I just think if every thread is going to go off topic or turn into an excuse to give out about Irish problems then this forum will be a lot poorer for it.

Comment

Sentenced to life, with a minimum of 35 years to be served before the possibility of parole.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...er?INTCMP=SRCH

Comment

Working...
                              X