Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aldi Sunscreen- be it Valu or be it dangerous?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldi Sunscreen- be it Valu or be it dangerous?

Bought a bottle yesterday for 3.49, is it any good? Has anyone used it already? At that price you'd be mad to be shelling out for Nivea/amb solaire/Garnier at 3 times the price
    I am the million man.

Doubt if they can lie about the SPF value so should be good to go.

Don't be fooled by the the HIgh SPF the longer you can roast myth

http://www.ewg.org/2013sunscreen/wha...with-high-spf/
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Have heard that it's actually better than some of the leading brands. Somebody (I can't remember who, as usual) mentioned recently that it's more breathable, so it doesn't form a seal, which can result in rashes for some people.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sunscreen, is it? And you call yourself Irish ....
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
          Sunscreen, is it? And you call yourself Irish ....
          Sorry Chips. In 1997 Ireland moved on.

I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Bought a bottle yesterday for 3.49, is it any good? Has anyone used it already? At that price you'd be mad to be shelling out for Nivea/amb solaire/Garnier at 3 times the price
            Does it sink in or are you going around like yerman.

The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
            Gwan the Welsh

Comment

sunscreen can cause cancer ,because it stops the body from producing vitamin d
              employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
              beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
              who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
              we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by limerickdeco View Post
                [citation needed]

I just did a quick Google and there's absolute no hard evidence to support this assertion at all - there's only one study that had incomplete results and certainly nothing definitive. The last major study (done in Australia over a period of 10 years) showed that correct use of sunscreen prevents melanomas.

You should delete that misinformed rubbish.
                Last edited by joeriddick; 7th-June-2013, 16:37.
                To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

In that case nighttime should come with a health warning. No sunshine means no vitamin D which obviously means cancer!

Oh noes!
                  "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

not to start an argument,but of course it not showing up because pharmaceutical companies lobby to stop info on it.do you know how much money is involve in cancer treatment.i just google it now and it does show up that some engredients are carcinogenic and it reduced exposure to ultraviolet light in sunlight can contribute vitamin D deficiencey,which can cause cancer
                    employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                    beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                    who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                    we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

not to start an argument,but of course it not showing up because pharmaceutical companies lobby to stop info on it.do you know how much money is involve in cancer treatment.i just google it now and it does show up that some engredients are carcinogenic and it reduced exposure to ultraviolet light in sunlight can contribute vitamin D deficiencey,which can cause cancer
                      So what do you suggest? Don't wear sunscreen?

If you have a link to the peer reviewed, scientific paper backing up your opinion (and not an article that summarizes it) then I urge you to post it here.
                      Last edited by joeriddick; 7th-June-2013, 17:26.

Comment

The Aldi stuff seems the business. Plus it smells good.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          The Aldi stuff seems the business. Plus it smells good.
                          I've never bought brand name sunscreen. Often times the off brand stuff is made in the same factory as the name brand.

Comment

what total and utter boIIox
                            "Just to be clear, Poite is an idiot" The Plastic Paddy 11-04-2012

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
                              I've never bought brand name sunscreen. Often times the off brand stuff is made in the same factory as the name brand.
                              Correctamundo. Although, "made in same factory" does not always mean "made to same standard"
                              "Just to be clear, Poite is an idiot" The Plastic Paddy 11-04-2012

Comment

Working...
                              X