Hook and Pope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook and Pope

i have never seen such an unprofessional useless show as this was last night-hardly any decent analysis at all and the waterford question was shamelessly fudged.

am beginning to pine for barnes and morris[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

I enjoyed it. The bit with ROG's modelling was hilarious. Brian O Brien and Chalmers were excellent. The crowds reaction to can Leinsterwin the weekend was very funny too.
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

The most intriguing thing last night was Hooks cryptic reference to the Waterpark RFC tie - how bad is it ? [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Was interested in what Brian O Brien had to say on the borders all right, for what it's worth I think his right.

The discussion on Leinster v Wasps sounded likea re-run of their calls before a certain semi-final last season. All this 40 or even 35% of the ball and Leinster can do it. We shall see....
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

It'd be better recorded and edited the night before.. am assuming it's almost live.. if it isn't.. it's the biggest piece of unprofessional sh1te..

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

Was interested in what Brian O Brien had to say on the borders all right, for what it's worth I think his right.

The discussion on Leinster v Wasps sounded likea re-run of their calls before a certain semi-final last season. All this 40 or even 35% of the ball and Leinster can do it. We shall see....
            O'Brien's description of Ireland England and Wales working together to help Scotland get over their problems was a stark contrast to the way the IRFU is dealing with Connaught

Comment

robbie has a point. it needs recording and editing professionally and proper analysis attached to it like greenwood does on sky
              If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

And for those who didn't get to enjoy it last night, RTE have made it available to watch on the web here

[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It was very poor. What was the Minto reference?

yer man from 'You're a star' was embarrassing in the extreme. He misunderstood Hook's question, and they ignored him for thr rest of the show!

They missed the cue for the 'referee blunders' section and phucked up several other bits - cringeworthy!

The prog is on long enough now to be at amateur level - it's not even there yet!

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Go easy lads. If you want serious analysis, this is not the show for you. Its basically 50% spoof and is entertaining for that.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

it was the first time i got to see a proper replay of the last french try and in fairness the ref was right there. he was squatting down looking in at the only angle you could tell if it was grounded or not and it does appear that he just went to the video ref to ensure (given its importance) that there were no other reasons not to give it so fair play to him i say
                      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Think its only meant to be a bit of craic in fairness. I like the show anyway, its meant to be a european cup alright but its good RTE can produce something for the Irish rugby public. After losing the tournament itself they'd wanna do something. No fear they'd lose a bit of soccer. Paying for world cups and euro championships we dont even qualify for.

Anyone know when the rightsto showthe HC are up again?

Comment

<!-
                          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                          var SymReal;

Sym()
                          {
                          window.open = SymWinOpen;
                          if(SymReal != null)
                          SymReal();
                          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                          {
                          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                          SymReal = window.;
                          window. = Sym;
                          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

was at the show myself last nite, enjoyed it for what it was. Waterpark tie is wrotten, get yourself a Waterford City one, much nicer[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]. Thecomment from the guy sayin he was in Llanelli 2 year ago when they lost to perpignan and feared nothin from them was ridiculos, but isnt that what you would expect from a ref!!! Taught they dodged the question completely on why Waterford rugby is so poor, I could tell ya but i might get kicked off it for sayin it. It's on again tonight at 11.30 will have to watch out for myself!!
                          |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
                          | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
                          |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
                          \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

I enjoyed last nights show, it is not meant to be a serious show but a bit of craic.

Comment

It's good that the show goes around the country, and isn't broadcast from a studio in D4 with the normal talking heads you would see on Against the Head ( that show can be like watching paint dry), and it does have some funny moments. The production values are still poor though.

Comment

Working...
                              X