Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxford trafficking gang convicted...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    That Muslim Soldier wants the death penalty so he can be a martyr IIRC, see no reason why they shouldn't secretly execute and bury him, comply with his wishes
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

    Comment


      #32
      That story from China with the little 6 year old boy who was attacked by his aunt who later killed herself, my stomach is still reeling from it, the poor little fella pictured today holding his little teddy that he'll never see:(
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
        That story from China with the little 6 year old boy who was attacked by his aunt who later killed herself, my stomach is still reeling from it, the poor little fella pictured today holding his little teddy that he'll never see:(
        There's something very primal, and brutal, about the notion of someone putting someone's eyes out. And a six year old? I was horrified. One of those stories that would probably not hit me in the same way before I became a parent.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

        "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


        "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by sewa View Post
          That Muslim Soldier wants the death penalty so he can be a martyr IIRC, see no reason why they shouldn't secretly execute and bury him, comply with his wishes
          Lets say that a US soldier in the middle east or israeli soldier who says they are not afraid to die gets captured, and their enemy chops their head off.
          Going by your logic you'd be cool with that??

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
            Lets say that a US soldier in the middle east or israeli soldier who says they are not afraid to die gets captured, and their enemy chops their head off.
            Going by your logic you'd be cool with that??
            He is more than likely getting the death penalty anyway, why wait?
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
              Lets say that a US soldier in the middle east or israeli soldier who says they are not afraid to die gets captured, and their enemy chops their head off.
              Going by your logic you'd be cool with that??
              I'm not necessarily keen on the idea, but a better analogy would be that a, say, Iranian Christian soldier opens fire on colleagues on an Iranian army base, then declares that he wants to have his head cut off to emulate John the Baptist, and then they cut his head off.

              I'm not generally supportive of cutting people's heads off, but you'd have to agree that the individual had played a large part in their own demise?
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

              "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


              "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                I'm not necessarily keen on the idea, but a better analogy would be that a, say, Iranian Christian soldier opens fire on colleagues on an Iranian army base, then declares that he wants to have his head cut off to emulate John the Baptist, and then they cut his head off.
                You know if the above did happen, it'd be portrayed in western media as an example of middle east savagery. Tut tut and all that.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  He is more than likely getting the death penalty anyway, why wait?
                  Nidal Hasan gets death penalty for Fort Hood rampage

                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23871617

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Drick View Post
                    Nidal Hasan gets death penalty for Fort Hood rampage

                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23871617
                    "He will not now and he will never be a martyr," Col Mulligan said of Maj Hasan. "He is a criminal. He is a cold-blooded murderer."

                    "He will never be a martyr because he has nothing to give," Col Mulligan added. "He will not be giving his life, we will be taking it."

                    Sounds pretty cold blooded to say you will be taking somebody else's life. Apart from the number killed what is the difference between what Hasan did and what Mulligan wants to do?

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                      You know if the above did happen, it'd be portrayed in western media as an example of middle east savagery. Tut tut and all that.
                      If they cut his head off. But a firing squad? Would anyone really be shocked?
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                      "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                      "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X