Breaking Point?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Point?

With all that has been going on over the last number of years have you reached your breaking point with the government and or this country? I have been somewhat tolerant with the last while thinking that what else can we do as a result of FF's treasonous treatment of the country but this week said this has crossed the line. A second child in 6 weeks has died in Midleton, a whole 12 or so miles from Cork city as a result of no ambulance, this is supposed to be a first world country! The other issue is when a good friend of our family told us this evening that he is no longer entitled to a GP visit card as the HSE do not any more regard Parkinson's as a long term illness!! Sweet Jesus is this why we are bleeding the country of every penny we have to pay German banks as children are dying and hard working life long tax paying people are being told that the degenerative illness Parkinsons is not classified as long term anymore!!
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

The treatment of our weakest is getting worse and worse. That story turned my stomach. Personally I find looking to tomorrow/next week/next month hoping something will happen to make life a little easier tiresome at this stage and yet I'm luckier than most. Yet I wonder do guys living in tribes in forests have a better idea of life than the rest of us despite the many problems they must have

To quote the movie, Is this as good as it gets?
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Saw that about Midleton. Complete and utter disgrace.

I can't help but remembering Reilly's emotional tears a few years back when he was in opposition over cases like this. What a bull****ting con artist.
      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Y'know, when i emigrated form Cork 7 years ago (pre-stockmarket crash) i honestly thought i'd move back within 3 to 4 years...but seeing whats been happening back home, and watching it get worse and worse while each progressive government mugs in front of the camera pretending everything's getting better while in reality the country is falling apart at the seams, i know in my heart i never will.

Yeah, i have family left behind that i dont see enough of anymore, but the thought of trying to make a life back in my old stomping ground under the current conditions, man.. i cant even contemplate that..
        For those left behind that find themselves struggling, my heart goes out to them. Breaking point indeed.

Ireland will rise up again though, we're too stubborn to keep down

Comment

The one thing that should be done is the one thing that absolutely won't be done.

Hundreds of thousands of people out on the street, kicking off until change happens. It's the only way, at this point.

Irish people eat more **** without balking then any other nation I've seen.
          To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
            The one thing that should be done is the one thing that absolutely won't be done.

Hundreds of thousands of people out on the street, kicking off until change happens. It's the only way, at this point.

Irish people eat more **** without balking then any other nation I've seen.
            Emigration is a pressure release valve. If you look at Greece and Spain, the unemployment figure has a much more realistic look to it due to the lack of emigration, and its the young people are out kicking up the fuss.
            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

I usually don't agree with most of the civil service unions but see them as the only way Ireland will resist. So for now i like to forget their motives and maybe see it as the catalyst to finally start some kind of revolt against the disgraceful treatment of a people.

Every single cut back, ambulances, medical issues, education is a direct result of FF F*ck ups and this governments ongoing decision to adhere to the bailout conditions. Everytime another person dies or another cut back is imposed people should remember this and take to the streets. Whether the CIE are right or wrong i don't care. I hope it starts something.
              The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

No, every single cut in services is because most of the cash is spent on pay.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                  I usually don't agree with most of the civil service unions but see them as the only way Ireland will resist. So for now i like to forget their motives and maybe see it as the catalyst to finally start some kind of revolt against the disgraceful treatment of a people.

Every single cut back, ambulances, medical issues, education is a direct result of FF F*ck ups and this governments ongoing decision to adhere to the bailout conditions. Everytime another person dies or another cut back is imposed people should remember this and take to the streets. Whether the CIE are right or wrong i don't care. I hope it starts something.
                  FF will be back in next time around like nothing ever happened.
                  To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                    Emigration is a pressure release valve. If you look at Greece and Spain, the unemployment figure has a much more realistic look to it due to the lack of emigration, and its the young people are out kicking up the fuss.
                    The young people here are too interested in having a good time and getting wasted than protesting
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Unions are a lot to blame too , the Government are cowards we know that and unions won't allow people to be left go , so all the money gets spent on wages

Tough decisions needed to be made the but the government won't make them.

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post
                        Unions are a lot to blame too , the Government are cowards we know that and unions won't allow people to be left go , so all the money gets spent on wages

Tough decisions needed to be made the but the government won't make them.
                        Because dumping thousands of public employees on the dole to compete for non existent jobs is the way forward.

The refusal of people to see that this isn't going to be fixed by belt tightening and state shrinking only shows how far we are from a solution.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

The problem is even in the boom years when we spent tonnes of money on the public service it was still ****e. We are still spending tonnes of money on it, although now we can't afford it. So I don't think a stimulus based on more public spending would work, the money would just get squandered.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                            The problem is even in the boom years when we spent tonnes of money on the public service it was still ****e. We are still spending tonnes of money on it, although now we can't afford it. So I don't think a stimulus based on more public spending would work, the money would just get squandered.
                            I'd say that quality is a separate question to stimulus, and conflating them is likely to confuse the issue.

On the whole services like healthcare are cheaper to run when they are better.

The issue though is that Ireland can't "balance the books", no matter how much it cuts services.

Ireland's problems are irresolvable as long as it seeks to use a slice of its insufficient production to provide life support to international capitalists.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                              The young people here are too interested in having a good time and getting wasted than protesting
                              The "young people" are too busy trying to get the **** off this Godforsaken rock.

It's the people in their 40's to their 60's who broke this place, maybe they should be asked to protest and fix it? (Most useless shower of bastards this poxy place ever produced).
                              It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Working...
                              X