X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyDucker
    The
    <a href="http://www.bost&#111;n.com/bigpicture/2010/12/2010_hubbl
    <br / target="_blank">e_space_telescope_ad.html">2010 Hubble Space Telescope
    Advent Calendar</a> from boston.com
    Picture 8 looks like a human with a dogs head
    walking, super stuff.
    If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty
      I was out with the dog this morning, and walking down the
      road I saw the moon low over Mayfield and it was a fantastic
      light red/yellow colour. Beautiful sight.

tomorrow at around 8am the sky is supposed to turn red with a lunar eclipse
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I saw an announcement on the RTE website yesterday (but can't find it today) that the RTE website will be transmitting sunrise live from Newgrange on mid-winter day i.e. tomorrow - presumably that'll startat around 09.00 hours GMT.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

8.45am tuesday morning.... its on the schedule.....
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Pictures from yesterday

http://www.newgrange.com/winter-solstice-10.htm

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake
              8.45am tuesday morning.... its on the
              schedule.....
              Before 7-45 even [img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
              If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Just before sunrise on the Winter Solstice 2010, a Full Moon will turn red as it rests just above the western horizon. This event is known as a total lunar eclipse, as the Moon will move into Earth's shadow. From 6:32am, you will be able to see the Moon gradually get darker as Earth's shadow is cast upon it, and at 7:40am the Moon will have entered totality.

This is the last lunar that can be seen from Ireland for the next five years, and Astronomy Ireland wants YOU to send in your photographs of the eclipse so we can keep a pictorial record on this website and in our magazine. Email your photos to moon@astronomy.ie.

Astronomy Ireland will meet at Sean Moore Park in Sandymount at 7am on the morning of Tuesday, December 21st, to watch the eclipse. As the Moon sets, the Winter Soltice Sun will rise over the horizon, lined up with a modern standing stone alignment in the park. We invite everyone to join us for a fantastic morning of astronomy!

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

Astronomy Ireland will meet at Sean Moore Park in Sandymount at 7am on the morning of Tuesday, December 21st, to watch the eclipse. As the Moon sets, the Winter Soltice Sun will rise over the horizon, lined up with a modern standing stone alignment in the park. We invite everyone to join us for a fantastic morning of astronomy!

At a probable temperature of -7ÂșC icy roads and possibly heavy snow lying, I reckon that'll be a massive gathering! [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Comment

Lunar eclipse tomorrow morning at 7.40 first time in 373yrs on shortest day of the yr.

<div><div style="overflow: ; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); : ansparent; text-align: left; text-decorati&#111;n: n&#111;ne; border: medium n&#111;ne;">Total lunar eclipse to turn sky blood red</span> http://bit.ly/gi7pnM
                    </div></div>
                    + Nat Geo

http://bit.ly/eYOm90
                    "Syrana" on de Villiers "A step, a hand off and two more defenders beaten on the line and the third try was in the bag. It's amazing what a world class inside centre can do when you play him at inside centre!"

Comment

where would be a good spot to pull off (ooh err missus) the N71 for a few photos? not too far off the main road but with a lay by of some sort

Comment

Fog all morning, nothing to see.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Saw the lunar eclipse from the comfort of the spare room window upstairs - made quite a pretty scene together with the undisturbed snow at the back of the house. Tried taking a few pics with the digital camera but on the preview screen at least, they don't look like much. If I get them onto the PC and find a decent one I'll post it up.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
                            Fog all morning, nothing to see.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

stupid Limerick weather[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]. No snow and the 2 nights there was something to see (Geminid meteor shower and todays eclipse/red moon) and we have fog. Seriously was this city founded on an indian burial ground or something?
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icelandaurora/page4/

Comment

looks fake its so extraordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X