Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyin a tent- advice please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Bought this baby in the 400 last year
    and love it plenty of room even fitted the dog and bikes in the porch part, stood up well to our bootiful summer last year
    Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

    Comment


      #32
      I have a 4man but no way its a 2man sleeping pods at each end and a middle bit that you can stand up in.I like my comfort so also have campbeds, sleeping bags, pillows ,little tables for bedsides,lamps,and a day tent for eating,table chairs,storage,BBQ, toaster,gaz hobs.plus wind breaks,and Munster Flag,Corcaigh Flag and Irish tricolor. Can always find my tent. Dog loves sleeping out in a field.Not been for
      2yr now but love it. Case of wine,box of Magners Btl gin plenty tonics,btle of Pims,lemonade,aw missing it already.Would go to Game Fairs,held around estates in UK,brilliant, buy game at Farmers stalls to BBQ,nip to Dubarry tent for a glass or two of champagne watch Gun dog trials.
      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

      Comment


        #33
        I was going to change my name to Lixie to fit in with the other posters here but couldn't figure out how to do it.

        on subject of camping, have a 4man like Pixie above, can't wait to use it soon.
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

        Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

        Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          I was going to change my name to Lixie to fit in with the other posters here but couldn't figure out how to do it.

          on subject of camping, have a 4man like Pixie above, can't wait to use it soon.
          Hi how was the tent..Lixie
          Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

          Comment


            #35
            I'd recommend a tent with a front door and south east facing.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

            Comment


              #36
              When's the last time you woke up with one ?
              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I have a 4man but no way its a 2man sleeping pods at each end and a middle bit that you can stand up in.I like my comfort so also have campbeds, sleeping bags, pillows ,little tables for bedsides,lamps,and a day tent for eating,table chairs,storage,BBQ, toaster,gaz hobs.plus wind breaks,and Munster Flag,Corcaigh Flag and Irish tricolor. Can always find my tent. Dog loves sleeping out in a field.Not been for
                2yr now but love it. Case of wine,box of Magners Btl gin plenty tonics,btle of Pims,lemonade,aw missing it already.Would go to Game Fairs,held around estates in UK,brilliant, buy game at Farmers stalls to BBQ,nip to Dubarry tent for a glass or two of champagne watch Gun dog trials.
                Sweet mother of all that's holy, does it come with its own field?
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  Sweet mother of all that's holy, does it come with its own field?
                  At Game Fair you get a plot 10*10,that is not bad,if a couplf of us go we get 2plots,IRS great lots of room.
                  Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

                  Comment


                    #39
                    i have one that sleeps 6 people,first time out camping it rained 24 hrs straight.bring extra covers for roof of tent.plus get a tent for eating outside just incase it rain.if your in the usa you can rent rv's for $100 per day(sleep 8) in most camp site
                    employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                    beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                    who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                    we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

                    Comment


                      #40
                      there's some cool gear on this site ;cabela's world's world foremost outfittere. plus get a canopy tent for eating
                      employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                      beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                      who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                      we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Best tent ever!

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	tents.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	2477564
                        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Technically that's a fort.
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                          Comment


                            #43
                            With poor defences
                            The Source for this post is The Internet
                            _________________________________
                            I don't know Jeff!
                            Munster Squad Tracker 2011/2012
                            Munster Squad Tracker 2010/2011

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                              With poor defences
                              The wan that is in the fort would reduce any army to surrendering!
                              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X