SIPTU says no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIPTU says no

Croke Park Proposals have been rejected by SIPTU. There cannot, now, be a majority in favour at tomorrow's ICTU Public Service Committe meeting.

The manure is about to hit the ventilator.

Union busting legislation, massive strikes, collapsed governments.

But enough about Britain in the 70s and 80s...
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Oh to be a Labour TD!

Comment

Union In favour Opposed Undecided
        Association of Higher Civil & Public Servants 32
        Association of Secondary Teachers of Ireland 183
        Building and Allied Trades Unions 5
        Civil and Public Service Union 128
        Irish Federation of University Teachers 20
        IMPACT 606
        Irish Medical Organisation 68
        Irish Nurses & Midwives Organisation 390
        Irish National Teachers' Organisation 314
        Medical Laboratory Scientists Association 19
        Operative Plasterers and Allied Trades Society of Ireland 3
        Prison Officers Association 34
        Public Service Executive Union 113
        SIPTU (Services, Industrial, Profession and Technical Union) 719
        Technical Engineering and Electrical Union 10
        Teachers' Union of Ireland 158
        Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians 20
        UNITE 60
        Veterinary Officers Association 3
        Veterinary Ireland 7
        Total votes (out of 2,892) 761 1,559 572
        Total votes needed for deal to be ratified 1,447
        Additional votes needed for deal to be ratified 686

Comment

Now that is interesting if there was meltdown over POC that is nothing as to what is happening in Leinster House right now.
          I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

We're about to see that can which has been kicked steadily down the road, bounce back and hit us in the face.

Comment

Dublin North Labour Party last night instructed all its TDs to oppose legislation on pay cuts. Going to be interesting for Labour.
              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Blanket pay cuts across the board and stare them down.

Comment

Was only thinking the same re Labour, they are well and truly goosed!!

Comment

Quick, bring back Maggie before they nail the coffin lid down - she's the only man for the job!

Comment

I just wonder if there is a massive appetite for strike action.
                      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                      Dalai Lama

Comment

There won't be much public sympathy for any union that strikes.

Comment

At a tangent, I just heard on the news that Sally Bercow is to boycott Mrs T's funeral tomorrow as she doesn't want to see a "canonisation" Whilst I might applaud her sentiments, I can't help recalling that she's the leetle gem who took Paddy Doherty the traveller bare knuckles boxer boyo on holidays. Seemed like a very aimable sort of a chap but still, I dunno that I'd altogether trust her judgement on all matters...

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                            Blanket pay cuts across the board and stare them down.
                            Oh yeah thanks for that Viigand, suppose you'd like to throw me out of the house while your at it
                            Con Artist

Comment

Two options before the government. Try another deal. Pay cuts for everyone. In regard to the first there will be very little difference to the first deal. Tweaking around the fringes, no substantial room for change. Option two will head to carnage, rolling strikes and bitterness between all sides.
                              While i have sympathy for all in the civil service on salaries under the 65K, the reality is Bertie 'give them the money' Ahern and his cronies created an unaffordable public and civil service. Also the years of negative publicity about CP1 will come back to bit those who go on strike. The general public rightly or wrongly will have very little(none) sympathy for any who go on strike,
                              Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Working...
                              X