Weekend Destinations in Europe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Destinations in Europe.

Lads and lassies, I am looking to take the missus away for a bit of a spin/flight some weekend and was hoping someone could give a few recommendations for destinations. Preferably somewhere that can be reached within a couple of hours flight time.

Brussels, fly from Cork. Chocolate, food, beer, waffles, day trip to Bruges. Great time of year to go too.

Comment

I really enjoyed Carcassonne. Read a bit before you go about the Cathars and Montsegur etc. You will learn why those SF jerseys really pissed off the S. of France. It's a great destination if you are both interested in history.
      I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
      HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Eamo View Post
        I really enjoyed Carcassonne. Read a bit before you go about the Cathars and Montsegur etc. You will learn why those SF jerseys really pissed off the S. of France. It's a great destination if you are both interested in history.
        I might go there by myself. Herself, for all her glories, restricts her interest in history to last night's Grey's Anatomy. Brussels on the other hand does sound appealing.

Comment

Berlin, never been there but it sounds great
          The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Valencia, a really great med city. Barcelona direct from Cork. Munich also a great spot. Paris also wonderful
            Con Artist

Comment

Paris, London or Rome.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamo View Post
                Pray tell more on the jerseys
                Con Artist

Comment

Cordoba is fantastic in terms of architecture, restaurants, atmosphere and history, although I don't know how easy it is to get to - we flew into Malaga and took the high speed train for an hour. IIRC here's an airport at Seville, which isn't too far away.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Never mind Brussels, Antwerp is the place to go in Belgium if you are heading over there.
                    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

If you both speak a foreign language, you can go to any town in Ireland. Just speak that foreign language between the two of you and don't speak any English. It'll be like a foreign weekend away in Ireland.

I need a holiday.
                      I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Berlin is superb, so is Paris or indeed London, its a very personal thing though, I'd stay well clear of really quiet places in France for example, whole cities can close at 9 or 10 in the evening
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Luxembourg. Great little country and easy enough to get to. Fly from Kerry to Hahn and 90 minutes then on a bus. Good nightlife, restaurants etc and its very reasonable.
                          We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                          Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Amsterdam a great place to visit. Outside of the sterotypical tourist things there is loads of museums, gallerys, nice resteraunts, people v friendly. Beautiful city really.

Comment

Palma all the way for me anyway, been there twice and was only trying to book flights again over the weekend. Beautiful city with good weather and city centre beaches and of course the fantastic day trip on the Soller tram....damn I need some time off!!
                              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X