Is this a phone scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a phone scam

I have being getting calls daily on my land line and my phone from the following number for the last few weeks
    anyone else come across this
    i presume its some scam to get me to ring a foreign number
    3 or 4 calls a day

if it starts with 1800, I thought it would be a free phone number

Comment

Originally posted by yellowandblack4ever View Post
      I have being getting calls daily on my land line and my phone from the following number for the last few weeks
      anyone else come across this
      i presume its some scam to get me to ring a foreign number
      3 or 4 calls a day

http://www.whophonedme.co.uk/1800949560
      \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Just got a call from +252 70885502, came up as Somalia on my phone, since my links with Al-Shabaab are minimal i suspect it's a phone back scam as they hung up after 2 rings
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
          Just got a call from +252 70885502, came up as Somalia on my phone, since my links with Al-Shabaab are minimal i suspect it's a phone back scam as they hung up after 2 rings
          Got a few calls in this morning from that no.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Most scam phone numbers are from African or asian numbers ,operators bar them but they use auto diallers and change their calling party number . Most are set up to cost you premium rate as most of these countries are infrequently dialled and therefore the tariff is higher .
            Advise is to ignore them .It's amazing how many people actually get caught though

Comment

Working...
            X