Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to help a big fecker with OCD? Not a joke series!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to help a big fecker with OCD? Not a joke series!?!

A good friend of mine has got bad OCD which is getting worse by the day. He is now saying he doesn't want his own family coming into his house and is self medicating with alcohol IMO. He is a massive great hard man who has spent a fair whack of his life in prison but is a really good man. He is very intelligent but not remotely educated and I am trying to find a way of getting him to seek some help. Suspect there is someone on here who might have some idea what I am talking about, thanks

He needs referral from a GP with strong words wriiten it so as to get a fast appoinment. Having experience with an 8 year old and OCD, it took a while of therapy for them to decide that his anxiety levels were to high to help him with cognitive therapy. The medication is working and now they can work with teaching him how to fix it. he gets tasks every 2 weeks which include things like relaxation exercises; going to happy places when in difficulty, delaying the urges to wash or ask continuos questions that demand answers so that he gets some reassurrance and feels safer/better.
    It work.
    Cahms is the kid side and this link is to the adult services: http://www.brothersofcharity.ie/sout..._to_adults.php
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Thank you Boo boo, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X