Another Scam New twist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Scam New twist

I got this today. I haven't seen that approach before. I'm working on the assumption that it's too good to be true.

"Olam Agro is one of the largest cleansing facility dealers in the world. Every year we go out to the markets of different countries, keep and study the demand and sales-market in every new country. As a result of our move to the market of United State , Australia, Canada and Greece we are having temporary employee recruitment for the position of a financial manager. It is required for you to be:

Honest and executive.

You must have a bank account

You must have several free time hours per day

You must have a phone number we can get through to You

You must have an email address

Provide the information Below if you are interested in this offer

Full Name:
    Phone Number:

This job only requires you to receive a payment from our customer in your bank account, and all you need to do is to send the money back to the store that need to send the goods ordered by the customer. This job won't take much of your time because it only require you to receive payment and send the funds via Western Union or Money Gram to the store office that has the goods that is been purchased by the customer.

For you service, you will always take $300AUD from each transaction you receive from our customer and we will advise you on hiow and where to send the funds.

John Lewis"

Western Union is a giveaway. Literally in this case.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Like the man says - if you can feel the velcro on both sides, it's a rip.

Comment

Money mules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21578985
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Cleansing facility = laundry?
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Poor head hunting, wanting a chemical engineer to be a financial manager.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Better than a Civil Engineer.

You'd better watch out, I'll get the Pope (and the Jesuits) EDIT: (and the Chinese) after you.
              Last edited by Piquet; 15th-March-2013, 09:30.

Comment

Here's anew one for me, got on email. Arrived via this email jaime @ kpkt.gov.my

(have broken up the email addresses to stop direct linking)

Your CV was received from a recrutment agency An opening that may fit your expereince is being offered.

Job Description: You will be transferring and receiving funds from our clients, insuring that every transaction is completed on time.

I shall be grateful if you will let me know in writing whether you accept the offer on these terms and conditions, so I can submit some more information about further registration process.

Sorry for using Gmail address for communication, the company e-mail address will be provided in further communications.

If you have additional questions or would like to receive more information about this vacancy, contact us at: new carre r7 @gmail. com.

Best regards,
                Geoff Hilton
                recrutment Manager
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I utterly utterly despise scum who try to feed off the desperate and needy (in this case the unemployed looking for work).
                  The lowest circle of hell for you all
                  Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                    I utterly utterly despise scum who try to feed off the desperate and needy (in this case the unemployed looking for work).
                    The lowest circle of hell for you all
                    am neither Val, (touch wood) but you're right about them being scum. Have heard few people are being caught out with this, basically being a facilitator for money laundering

Comment

And then there's the Single European Payments Area system.

My salary gets paid on the same date every month. When payday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then my salary is in my account on the Friday before.

The reason this happens is that my employer pays it in early enough for this to happen.

But that won't happen now.

Now the bank will sit on my salary for three days (Fri, Sat & Sun with no compensation to me of course) before making it available.

Their excuse for this is that it's SEPA rules - and that much is true.

This is a European-wide system - not justy Euro area so the money we're talking about is staggering.

Let's imagine you live in a country where one million people are paid monthly with salaries directly into the bank on, say, the 26th of the month.

The bank has that money for free for three days in January, April, July and October 2014 when the 26th falls on a weekend.

Lets say the average monthly salary is €3,000 X 12 days X 1m = €36bn - a nice little interest earner

That's yet ANOTHER €36bn subsidy to the banks by wage earners.

Now that is a proper scam
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

That's a new one alright.. get paid on the 25th each month, as with you, normally is in early if it's the weekend.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow. You have a contract of employment that specifies when you are paid, and hopefully has an accommodation in it around what happens if that date falls on a non-business day. Your employer needs to meet the usual payment deadlines in order to credit your account on the specified day. If they meet the cut off then you get the money into your account the next business day. There is no increased timeframe given to a bank in which to process payments.

http://business.aib.ie/help/sepa-faq

The clearing cycle for a SEPA credit transfer is very similar to the clearing cycle for existing domestic electronic payments. The payment file must be submitted to AIB by 3.00pm one business day before the requested execution date.For example, if the beneficiary is supposed to receive funds on the 28th March, the file must be submitted to AIB by 3.00pm on 27th March.

Comment

My company pays my salary in advance of the specified date. Always has so no change there. In common with everyone else I know who is paid monthly the money is available on the Friday on the occasions when payday falls on a weekend. So the bank isn't advancing the money to me merely facilitating its customers.
                            Let's say you're supposed to be paid on the Monday. Your bank would have to have processed that payment on the previous business day. Friday. As I'm sure you've discovered banks don't do just in time.

In any case SEPA explicitly states the funds' availability cannot happen before the set date regardless of how far in advance the payment is processed
                            Last edited by rathbaner; 20th-January-2014, 16:03.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                              And then there's the Single European Payments Area system.

My salary gets paid on the same date every month. When payday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then my salary is in my account on the Friday before.

The reason this happens is that my employer pays it in early enough for this to happen.

But that won't happen now.

Now the bank will sit on my salary for three days (Fri, Sat & Sun with no compensation to me of course) before making it available.

Their excuse for this is that it's SEPA rules - and that much is true.

This is a European-wide system - not justy Euro area so the money we're talking about is staggering.

Let's imagine you live in a country where one million people are paid monthly with salaries directly into the bank on, say, the 26th of the month.

The bank has that money for free for three days in January, April, July and October 2014 when the 26th falls on a weekend.

Lets say the average monthly salary is €3,000 X 12 days X 1m = €36bn - a nice little interest earner

That's yet ANOTHER €36bn subsidy to the banks by wage earners.

Now that is a proper scam
                              given the negative rates in some currencies (CHF, DKK etc) and the low rates it would actually cost them money in certain countires if this were true.
                              \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Working...
                              X