Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinusitis

Hi All,

Had a pretty nasty cold/flu about 5 weeks ago, and haven't been able to shake the associated sinusitis since.

Now on my third set of antibiotics in 5 weeks. Anti- inflammatories (even through a nebuliser) etc, 1g of paracetamol doesn't even put a dent in the throbbing pain in the forehead, behind the eyes, and in the cheekbones.

Anyone fellow sufferers got any remedies?

Cheers,

M.

Flush with salt water, maybe?
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

you obviously use the internet and you are asking on munsterfans about this subject?

Ok....Google result #1:
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001670/

There are loads of medical sites. I would try there....but if it were me and I was feeling any pressure I would try a mucolytic like Exputex to liquify any viscous mucous and see if flow improved the symptoms....but hey...I'll come right out and warn you...I have no medical qualifications....G'luck.

Comment

Thanks No.16, Google's geat but the results I was finding were very generic! You can't beat a personal recommendation!

Comment

Thanks have been trying that - little change so far!

Comment

I use flixonase for allergies for hayfever and horses and if I feel a cold with sinus coming on it stops me getting the sinusitis. As with all colds drink plenty of fluid.
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Warm water with honey, thyme, and lemon.

French recipe .

Comment

As a chronic sufferer of sinusitus my two remedies are wear a hat and flush out with salt water not too salty though as this will tear the lining of the nose making it worse. But honestly I have found that wearing a woolly hat (sometimes even in the house, including n bed, if the attack is bad enough) has made a huge difference. Also wild oregano oil in pill form help reduce the mucus production, which is always helpful!
                Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

Many thanks for all the tips everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                    Flush with salt water, maybe?
                    Agree

PS: Sylvain, ça va pas la tête?..
                    Warm RHUM, with lemon and honey... Especially today as man has to forget what happened in Aviva... Because for what happened in Pau, there is only a solution: A testicle in the head!
                    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                      Agree

PS: Sylvain, ça va pas la tête?..
                      Warm RHUM, with lemon and honey... Especially today as man has to forget what happened in Aviva... Because for what happened in Pau, there is only a solution: A testicle in the head!
                      I didn't say Rhum to don't convey the french reputation of alcoholic . We can do it with Cachaça too, a friend brought me it of Brasil.

But effectively, we need to drink to forget this 6 nations tournament ...

Yes, big blow for Dax, I hope that you will not down in Federale 1, it would do one more mythic club in less ...

A ta santé , mais tu es un français supporter irlandais ?
                      Last edited by sylvain84; 9th-March-2013, 22:00.

Comment

I am as french as you are. Got rugbystic asylum here a few years ago, and am still there ... As long as the organisers of the site won't kick me out like the man at the bar who sits too long there with his eyes lost in his glass. And till it wil happen, I enjoy to come here. You know, grass is always greener abroad, and there is nothing greener than Erin.
                        Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 9th-March-2013, 22:43.
                        "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Okay. I was tired of french forums, it's why I came too to the asylum .

Comment

Awwww. Isn't it lovely how a discussion about bacterial and viral infection and mucous can bring two people together like strangers in the night...exchanging glances...

Ahhh...Les Français...romantic to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
                              Awwww. Isn't it lovely how a discussion about bacterial and viral infection and mucous can bring two people together like strangers in the night...exchanging glances...

Ahhh...Les Français...romantic to the bone.

It is our unpredictable side .

Comment

Working...
                              X