Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin

Hello everybody !

Next summer, through my studies, I have the possibility to come one week in an irish family in Dublin. It's first time that I come to Ireland, even if I hope to come back soon with Erasmus, thus, I know absolutely not Dublin.

Have you got some nice addresses to suggest to me, where we can good eat, for a student budget, or nice places to visit ?

Thank you !

I will post up some info on Monday, Sylvain. I am stuck for time right now. In the meantime perhaps you will get some other suggestions.

Do you know where you will be staying in Dublin?

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer .

No, I don't know yet, but I will know it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvain84 View Post
        Hello everybody !

Next summer, through my studies, I have the possibility to come one week in an irish family in Dublin. It's first time that I come to Ireland, even if I hope to come back soon with Erasmus, thus, I know absolutely not Dublin.

Have you got some nice addresses to suggest to me, where we can good eat, for a student budget, or nice places to visit ?

Thank you !
        Hi Sylvain,
        Thats good news.
        When you know where you will be staying and studying let us know and I should be able to give you recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
          Hi Sylvain,
          Thats good news.
          When you know where you will be staying and studying let us know and I should be able to give you recommendations.
          I say to you as soon as possible.
          To studying, it will be for L3 or M1, in 1,2 or 3 years, and it's not sure that I have a place with Erasmus, I would like Scotland or Ireland (I already went to Scotland), if I come to study, I will say it .

Thank you again !

Comment

Hello everybody !

I will be in Dundrum

Comment

Dundrum is a grand spot anyway, massive shopping centre/mall there if your into that sort of thing but im not familiar enough with the area to recommend any cheap food, its a good area so generally not cheap but there's plenty other places. Ill have a think and get back to you
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

What are you studying and will you be going to a college each day?
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Thanks for answer.

No, I don't really like centre commercial, I would prefer to see true Ireland.

But it's a first time, just one week, more to accustom me to Irish accent that to visit, because like I said I think to come later during my studies, for a longer time. But if there are nice places, yes, I would like to know them

Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvain84 View Post
                    Hello everybody !

I will be in Dundrum
                    best part of Dublin!
                    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                      What are you studying and will you be going to a college each day?
                      No, I will not go to a college, I will stay in a family, and I think that I will can do what I want during the day.

This year I will try to pass my Scientific Baccalauréat, and next year I will go to Clermont-Ferrand or Lyon, in economics sciences, or for international studies (I don't know yet where they will accept me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                        best part of Dublin!
                        Can you explain to me please ?

Comment

It is a good location to get into the city as you have the local tram very close - Luas. Probably only 15 mins or so into St. Stephens green which is the centre of the city.

From the city you can do loads and if you get up early enough and book ahead you could get to and from Limerick or Cork in a long day.

Also I am told that there are quite reasonable day tours from Dublin to another Munster icon the cliffs of moher. This is €45 with paddywagon tours. http://www.paddywagontours.com/tourV...p?id=156&cat=2 I have not been on this tour but a friend had and thought it was good.
                          Last edited by The Last Stand; 5th-May-2013, 00:13.

Comment

Recommended days trips closer to Dublin would be the Burial Mounds at Newgrange (older than the Pyramids) and a UNESCO World Heritage Site also Glendalough in County Wicklow is beautiful
                            Con Artist

Comment

Yep get the 44b bus from dundrum up to glencullen. Bring a map and a backpack and you have loads of beautiful places to hike.

You can also get a bus to Blackrock and then take the DART up and down the coast for the day. Lovely way to see some of the best parts of Dublin.

I'm from dundrum originally hence my best part of Dublin comment.
                              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Working...
                              X