Tommy Bowe's Bodycheck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy Bowe's Bodycheck

Anyone else watching it? Pretty good so far. Nice behind the scenes stuff at ulster Rugby. The VR stuff is pretty cool.

Good watch indeed.
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

There's some serious science and medical stuff goes on in the background. Is this show a once off? Had to laugh at Conor o'Shea today saying the George Hook's Bodycheck is on next week

Comment

Excellent program
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

It's helping to lull me from my state of acute melancholia.
          If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Very interesting. The amount of science involved for any top class sportsman is unbelievable even with simple things like finding out that when running, one foot is on the ground for a longer time than the other.
            When you consider the "hits" that players take, not surprising that science has such an important role.
            Bit of a change from my amateur playing days of the late 60's/early 70's.

Comment

Tommy Bowe fastest member of squad WTF ?????

Comment

Excellent programme. Points for sports science could be up after that. Excellent for any young player to watch too. It's not just calories but timing of food very important and shows a glimpse of the dedication required to make it in the sport. The technical side was fascinating from the vr to the side step analysis and blood checks to see if you can train. Really excellent
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

In case anyone without access to RTE Player wants to see it:

Comment

Thanks MunsterLux, will be looking at that later this weekend.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Hi Munsterlux- Great to get this even a year late!

Comment

Speaking of bodychecks... the bould Tommy tied the knot with his girlfriend, a former Miss Wales, at the weekend. Sorry ladies

Must be wedding season with Strings, Tommy and Sean Cronin all getting married over the past week
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Speaking of bodychecks... the bould Tommy tied the knot with his girlfriend, a former Miss Wales, at the weekend. Sorry ladies

Must be wedding season with Strings, Tommy and Sean Cronin all getting married over the past week
                          It's the only time of the year when professional rugby players can go on a honeymoon!

Did I read somewhere that pre-season starts in less than 2 weeks' time?
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                            It's the only time of the year when professional rugby players can go on a honeymoon!

23 months of rugby with 2 weeks off in the middle and people wonder why the SH players always seem fresher.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

A summer of oddities, the buildup to Lions Tours and RWC's hasn't always gone well for us irish. It's all about pacing and fitness, without the players swelling up like dough boys and being useless match wise, which we have done before.

RWC seems a long way away in long summer evenings like this.
                              Last edited by Cowboy; 15th-June-2015, 17:16.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X