• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ick
    replied
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0214/367...ico-last-year/

Pope says he will be 'hidden from world' after retirement

Updated: 23:45, Thursday, 14 February 2013

Pope Benedict has said he will be "hidden from the world" after he abdicates from the Papacy in two weeks time.
    Earlier today Pope Benedict, 85, met thousands of priests from the diocese of Rome which he serves as Bishop.
    In Monday's shock resignation statement Benedict had promised he would retire to "a life dedicated to prayer".
    He elaborated: "Even if I am withdrawing into prayer, I will always be close to all of you and I am sure that you will be close to me, even if I remain hidden from the world".
    Earlier today a Vatican spokesperson said that the Pope hit his head during his March 2012 trip to Mexico but denied the accident had any "relevant" role in his resignation.
    It was the latest revelation of a hidden health issue to emerge from the Holy See since the Pope's shock announcement that he would stand down on 28 February.
    On Tuesday, the Vatican said for the first time that Pope Benedict has a pacemaker and had its batteries replaced just three months ago.
    Italy's La Stampa newspaper reported today that the Pope hit his head and bled when he got up in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar bedroom in Leon, Mexico.
    The report said blood stained his hair and sheets.
    Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi confirmed the incident but said "it was not relevant for the trip, in that it didn't affect it, nor in the decision" to resign.
    The Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano reported earlier in the week that Pope Benedict had taken the decision to resign after the Mexico-Cuba trip, which was physically exhausting for the 85-year-old Pope.

Leave a comment:

• treatycity1
    replied
    33 days, it was the masons.

Leave a comment:

• James Lynch
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry View Post
    I saw that. Gods warning not to elect the black lad. He's angry and pissed off, it's rapture time. Would make a good tune 'rapture time', wonder will we see a single
    It could be done with Blondie and be called 'Rapture's Delight'!! (see what i did there? eh? eh?.....ah forget it & i'll get me own coat.....[mumbles incoherently]....)

Leave a comment:

• MrsMcGahan
    replied
    The holy Roman Empire. Neither holy etc.
    Like the British royalty, their day is gone forever.
    Their palaces, once the height of opulence and taste just looked gaudy in the modern world.
    The various scandals are not the cause - they are simply a symptom of the futility of clericism.

Leave a comment:

• barleys chinos
    replied
    http://www.crikey.com.au/2013/02/14/...bile&wpmp_tp=0

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
    surely the question is anyone think he wasn't? (I mean he was "found dead" when she got there by a nun, we all know how vicious they can be)
    What a terrible thing to say

Leave a comment:

• Evil Omer
    replied
    Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
    All this reminds of poor old J.P. I. A mere 33 days as Pope. Anyone think he was whacked?
    surely the question is anyone think he wasn't? (I mean he was "found dead" when she got there by a nun, we all know how vicious they can be)

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Can't help feeling this thread is rapidly crossing the Silly Event Horizon...
    These things happen

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Can't help feeling this thread is rapidly crossing the Silly Event Horizon...

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Pope Peadar McTurk, late of Gortahork.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Son of a Turk.
    What, he's a Llanelli supporter?

Jesus, lads, get the ashes on QUICK, before this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Peter? There is a precedent...

Eyefangyew!
    Son of a Turk.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    A remarkable moniker for one in line to assume the Holy See.
    Peter? There is a precedent...

Eyefangyew!

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
    All this reminds of poor old J.P. I. A mere 33 days as Pope. Anyone think he was whacked?
    No comment.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry View Post
    Peter Turkson, 4/1
    A remarkable moniker for one in line to assume the Holy See.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X