• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    But the Jesuits have it all sown up.
    Why, what were they planting...?
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
      Iran a mile from that awful pun, Trane. Would you not consider making the ultimate sacrifice and putting The Love Supreme forward - as Paul Simon nearly said - 'Where are you now, Love Supreme -io, a nation (VC 'state') turns its lonely eyes to you'
      Shiraz I was saying, qom on, all it is isfahan...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
        Why, what were they planting...?
        The seeds of doubt.
        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

The seeds of doubt.
          Come on up outta that for air!
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

The seeds of doubt.
            As long as its the only seed....
            The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Last news:

Joseph Ratzinger will sign a two years contract as manager in... Dax! The club who just fired its two coaches and needs a huge professionnal reorganization, hopes by this way that a travel to Lourdes will be spared... Lourdes, land of miracles, the last chance for the club to stay alive in the professional rugby...

"To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                I thought you had to die of natural causes or get bumped off by the Illuminati/Mafia/Protestants?

You're right about a young Arch Conservative Point. Eddie O'Sullivan is faxing his CV to the Vatican as we speak.
                only precedent was Celestine and whilst he "abdicated" he was helped to decide and effectively was pushed out - his successor was a touch impatient- wouldn't be surprised if something similar was going here. He was there just to fill the void until they had the man they really want.
                Last edited by Evil Omer; 11th-February-2013, 21:14.
                \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                  only precedent was Celestine and whilst he "abdicated" he was helped to decide and effectively was pushed out - his successor was a touch impatient- wouldn't be surprised if something similar was going here. He was there just to fill the void until they had the man they really want.
                  EO you are right. I remember when Benny got the job he was expected to be a short term appointment. Thought myself he was going to last until be was a ton as he looked very fresh seven years ago. Could be pressure on to go.
                  Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Interestingly the Beeb had someone on comparing Joe Ratslinger to Augusto Pinochet wrt being held accountable for his (in)actions once his 'diplomatic immunity' ceases. I doubt Maggie will be getting involved if old Joe is brought to book.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by mustermog View Post
                      EO you are right. I remember when Benny got the job he was expected to be a short term appointment. Thought myself he was going to last until be was a ton as he looked very fresh seven years ago. Could be pressure on to go.
                      He is very, very frail, and wasn't in great health when elected; said at the time that he was planning to retire after the Conclave to Bavaria and spend the rest of his days finishing off his writing in peace. Needs a rolling walker to go the 100m up St. Peter's, and I seem to remember reading that his arthritis has got so bad he's even had to give up playing his beloved Mozart on the piano. He saw how JPII's incapacity did the Church no favours at all, and has been on record that he wouldn't do the same.

Comment

A few of the latest pics that have turned up over on boards ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	img20130211wa0000j.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2476108

Name:	526562_444210332312280_2136233205_n.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2476109

Name:	YOSSER.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	2476110
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A candidate from leftfield.......

Name:	RyanairPopeAd_large.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2476111
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
                            Awful character. Epitomises everything that's wrong with catholicism.
                            & Everything that is good with Catholicism, as he is pulling out Early.

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                              & Everything that is good with Catholicism, as he is pulling out Early.
                              Wahey!
                              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

All jokes aside, people can obviously wonder why the Pope has taken this decision to resign at this time, a first for 600/700 years.
                                A story that broke in 2009/10 here in US in the state of Wisconsin, but was somewhat lost in the avalanche of abuse stories may or may not have something to do with, but the story will resurface on a massive scale in Europe because of the February 15th release date of Mea Maxima Culpa movie...Silence in the house of God...it was released in US last Sept/Oct.

For those not aware of the basics of the story its about Fr Lawrence Murphy...who molested and sexually abused over 200 deaf kids ina Wisconsin school.

" The Wisconsin case involved an American priest, the Rev. Lawrence C. Murphy, who worked at a renowned school for deaf children from 1950 to 1974. But it is only one of thousands of cases forwarded over decades by bishops to the Vatican office called the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, led from 1981 to 2005 by Cardinal Ratzinger. It is still the office that decides whether accused priests should be given full canonical trials and defrocked"

"In 1996, Cardinal Ratzinger failed to respond to*two letters about the case
                                *from*Rembert G. Weakland,Milwaukee’s archbishop at the time. After eight months, the second in command at the doctrinal office, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, now the Vatican’s secretary of state,*instructed the Wisconsin bishops to begin a secret canonical trial
                                *that could lead to Father Murphy’s dismissal"

Read the full extracts here

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/wo...anted=all&_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/27/us...pagewanted=all

Its shows the mentality of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith(CDF ) led by Ratzinger ...and how only certain documents were made available after years of legal wrangling...

This particular story in Wisconsin is horrific and the part the future Pope played in it...

Whilst its only one of countless abuse cases this one will flash round the world via the most persuasive form of media...a movie ..and a movie-documentary that will get a few Oscars.

I've seen the documentary and from there read more about the case....firstly I'll admit im not Catholic...but he Ratzinger should die in shame for the role he played in the CDF.
                                "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Working...
                                X