No announcement yet.

The Pope is to RESIGN !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he read Dawkins and decided Catholicism was all a load of ****e?
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
      The Vatican has confirmed that Pope Benedict XVI will step down on 28 February for health reasons
      Hmm. Given that it's traditional to die in office, health reasons seems a bit of an odd reason to stand down. I'm expecting something epic on the scandal front.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
        Maybe he read Dawkins and decided Catholicism was all a load of ****e?
        I've read Dawkins and his arguments are a far bigger load of sh1te than the Bible is.
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The Vatican has confirmed that Pope Benedict XVI will step down on 28 February for health reasons.

The 85-year-old pontiff said he is stepping down because he does not have the strength to continue in office due to his advanced age.

"For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter," he said according to a statement from the Vatican.

The Vatican said the papacy will be vacant until a successor is chosen.

An official said the Vatican expects the period between 28 February and the election of a successor to be "as brief as possible".

Comment

Hmm. Given that it's traditional to die in office, health reasons seems a bit of an odd reason to stand down. I'm expecting something epic on the scandal front.
            Spending more time with his family ?

Comment

Nah. He's nearly 86, very frail - can't really walk any more - and knows the drift while JPII was dying of Parkinson's did no favours at all. It is what it is; he's just too frail for a ferociously hard task.

As for his successor, Conclaves are odd beasts. The one thing you can say with certainty is whoever emerges as Pope will not be the one you expected would.
              Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                An official said the Vatican expects the period between 28 February and the election of a successor to be "as brief as possible".
                Given that they believe that their god tells them who will be the next pope, isn't a bit presumptuous to expect them to hear that voice in certain time frame? Anyhoo they've got a big deadline looming at the end of March so maybe that might be driving issue.
                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                  Now, can Kidney follow this Inspirational Leader's example?
                  And ROG too.
                  Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

The first black pope, you heard it here first.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                      The first black pope, you heard it here first.
                      Mary McAleese for me. Martin didn't quit the Seanad for nothing, last week. (Although I'm not sure what salary a Pope gets - it would want to be substantial to attract the McAleeses).
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Awful character. Epitomises everything that's wrong with catholicism.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                          I've read Dawkins and his arguments are a far bigger load of sh1te than the Bible is.
                          Never one to miss a contrarian band wagon, OD. Good thing this one was lumbering past slowly - the ould spring in the step isn't what it was.

Leviticus vs The Selfish Gene? I know which I'd lean towards.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                            Nah. He's nearly 86, very frail - can't really walk any more - and knows the drift while JPII was dying of Parkinson's did no favours at all. It is what it is; he's just too frail for a ferociously hard task.

As for his successor, Conclaves are odd beasts. The one thing you can say with certainty is whoever emerges as Pope will not be the one you expected would.
                            Expect the Italian front row to pack down hard - probably some gouging and lots of counter rucking with the Maynooth boys
                            The Frenchies havent played well at this fixture in a long time and Scots , English and Welsh look weak on paper !
                            "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns

Comment

Never one to miss a contrarian band wagon, OD. Good thing this one was lumbering past slowly - the ould spring in the step isn't what it was.

Leviticus vs The Selfish Gene? I know which I'd lean towards.
                              I pity you. Desperately suckling on the teat of every populist contrarian that you can find in your local public library, in an attempt to fill the gaping void in your soul.

Comment

It would have to be epic to top Hitler youth.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X