• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pope is to RESIGN !!!!

Breaking news !!!

What??

Can a pope resign??
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ansa News Agency reports Pope Benedict to resign - ReutersClose Breaking News

Comment

Originally posted by SecondRowGal View Post
        What??

Can a pope resign??
        Hasn't happened in 700 years but yes he can, and just has ..... 86 now, failing health apparently. No doubt he'll make sure some young arch conservative will get the job

Comment

To be honest....i don't know he put up with Hook and Mc'jerk for so long.
          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

I thought you had to die of natural causes or get bumped off by the Illuminati/Mafia/Protestants?

You're right about a young Arch Conservative Point. Eddie O'Sullivan is faxing his CV to the Vatican as we speak.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Someone has bothered to write a wikipedia page about it. So long Beenadickt!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_resignation
              The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
              Gwan the Welsh

Comment

The Vatican has confirmed that Pope Benedict XVI will step down on 28 February for health reasons

Comment

Now, can Kidney follow this Inspirational Leader's example?
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Think he could be the first ever pope not to leave the Vatican in a hearse.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                      I thought you had to die of natural causes or get bumped off by the Illuminati/Mafia/Protestants?

You're right about a young Arch Conservative Point. Eddie O'Sullivan is faxing his CV to the Vatican as we speak.
                      I could have sworn I saw a headline which read "Pope would have to resign before Deccie does....."

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                        Eddie O'Sullivan is faxing his CV to the Vatican as we speak.
                        But will they even give him an interview?
                        (First press statement on the legacy he inherits - "You can't unmolest an altarboy.")
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by tomh903 View Post
                          in 700 years...apparently

Comment

Originally posted by tomh903 View Post
                            That was a non runner with the hearse meat scandal...

Gets coat......n
                            "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

About time. The Vatican have been playing like drains for years now. No confidence just preferring to fall back on former glories.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                              X