Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a Smartphone (Pay as you go, €250 and under)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmccoy View Post
    http://www.bqreaders.com/gb/products/aquaris-5.html

Both my sister and uncle have them, I've had a play with them and try we're well worth the money.

Ok Cheers
    Article by Nigel Melville - Gloucester Coach

Fingers get burned when the home fire is stoked in Munster. I suggest that any rugby fan who hasn\'t visited Thomond Park should get over there for the next Heineken Cup match. Only by being in Limerick on a big match day can you understand why the place is such a fortress.

Nigel Melville Tuesday January 20 2004 The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile View Post
      Another option is getting it from Phones4U/Carphone warehouse. I got mine from p4u with an orange sim as cheaper than getting it sim free but the phones aren't locked from there and have no vendor bloatware.

One thing to mention though was the version I got at least was not dual sim. Not sure if the Uk versions are.
      On googling it looks like the dual SIM is only on sale in Brazil.
      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Both my sister and uncle have them, I've had a play with them and try we're well worth the money.
        Savage phones and tablets there. I'll be buying!
        "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

What was the delivery time like?

Comment

The sister ordered on a Friday and had it on Tuesday via TNT. The uncle has a house over there so he just picked his one up in the supermarket with his shopping.
            "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

The sister ordered on a Friday and had it on Tuesday via TNT. The uncle has a house over there so he just picked his one up in the supermarket with his shopping.
              Sweet. Looking to get one for herself before she heads to the states next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                Anyone have insurance for their gadgets? Anyone you'd recommend in Ireland. One of my teens is getting an iphone 4s for Christmas and the other a tablet, so was wondering if insurance may be a good idea, especially when so many smartphones are swiped these days. Even happened to Mrs V and she had her iphone just over 3 weeks.
                Hi Valencia, bit late I know, but I think you can just get them covered under house insurance. I have the laptop, iPad, phone and photo printer on ours.

Comment

Valencia. Ulster bank covers them free under its ufirstgold account.
                  So I walked as day was dawning
                  Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                  Where we once watched the row boats landing
                  By the broad majestic shannon

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

He told me once about a phone with a small black notebook glued onto the back of it, that would suffice as your phonebook.
                    http://www.johnsphones.com/store/item9

The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                    Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
                      Sweet. Looking to get one for herself before she heads to the states next month.
                      Did you get one ? What's the build quality like ?

My 18 month contract is up with Meteor in March, and I'm going to seriously look at what contract/provider/phone to get. I really don't like the idea of being tied in for 18/24 months.

Comment

Generally speaking would there be any practical reason to avoid buying a refurb phone from a major retailer (O2)? They say there's a 12 month warranty but I don't know if there are any loopholes etc.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Just make sure there are no pictures on it that might embarrass....
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                              Generally speaking would there be any practical reason to avoid buying a refurb phone from a major retailer (O2)? They say there's a 12 month warranty but I don't know if there are any loopholes etc.
                              Who's the warranty with?
                              And out of curiosity, what's the phone?

Comment

I picked up a THL android on chinavasion, top of the range unit for 130 euro.

Comment

Working...
                                X