Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a Smartphone (Pay as you go, €250 and under)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
    Where the hell are you getting it for €100?
    It's £100 sterling (notice his location) for the 8gb one.

Tesco UK - nearly every store - has loads of stock. If you know anyone coming over (or living here) it is a bargain.

It isn't online though.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Changed my mind since this morning and have bought the Nexus 5 (32GB version) phone for £339, seems a snip when you compare it's spec with the iPhone 5. Hungover and panic buying after the office christmas party.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Tesco UK - nearly every store - has loads of stock. If you know anyone coming over (or living here) it is a bargain.

It isn't online though.
        Yep, sorry for the confusion, I am UK based. Haven't checked Irish prices.

Comment

Samsung s3 mini 189 all in

http://www.three.ie/online/shop/productDetail.aspx?src=p&p=voice&pid=2113&tariffTy pe=prepay
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Being a non smart phone (touch screen) guy. It fustrates me how little choice there is these days of good regular phones.

My current phone Sony Ericsson Elm is coming to the end of its life (hopefully not for a while). And I have either the choice of a ****e phone or a touch screen.

I have a computer and a tablet. I have no need for another computer. I'm hoping that with the advent of smart watches, some good small phones come again.

Phone calls, texts maybe emails and maybe some utilities such as calendar and maps. Thats all I require.

Long live the Sony Ericsson Elm
            The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
            Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Neanderthal

Why not get a tough smartphone?

http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/blog/article.asp?id=736

Comment

He'd rather pluck along with his buttoned phone than step into the noughties, never mind the teens!

He told me once about a phone with a small black notebook glued onto the back of it, that would suffice as your phonebook.

Huwie is in no rush to modernise
                I am the million man.

Comment

It isn't online though.
                  Interesting. I knew the 16gb was on Amazon for €195. Never thought of Tesco, presumably the Tesco ones are locked?

There's a dual SIM version as well apparently, I might try and get that one.
                  "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Locked and some Tesco firmware. They'd need a root and a new rom to be usable - though that shouldn't be too hard. There is some pretty good advise on how to do it in the comments section here

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/moto...-extra-1742949

Comment

Anyone have insurance for their gadgets? Anyone you'd recommend in Ireland. One of my teens is getting an iphone 4s for Christmas and the other a tablet, so was wondering if insurance may be a good idea, especially when so many smartphones are swiped these days. Even happened to Mrs V and she had her iphone just over 3 weeks.
                      Con Artist

Comment

BQ Aquaris 5, nice piece of kit, delivered from Spain for €220.
                        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy View Post
                          BQ Aquaris 5, nice piece of kit, delivered from Spain for €220.
                          Website/photo please?
                          Article by Nigel Melville - Gloucester Coach

Fingers get burned when the home fire is stoked in Munster. I suggest that any rugby fan who hasn\'t visited Thomond Park should get over there for the next Heineken Cup match. Only by being in Limerick on a big match day can you understand why the place is such a fortress.

Nigel Melville Tuesday January 20 2004 The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
                            Interesting. I knew the 16gb was on Amazon for €195. Never thought of Tesco, presumably the Tesco ones are locked?

There's a dual SIM version as well apparently, I might try and get that one.
                            Another option is getting it from Phones4U/Carphone warehouse. I got mine from p4u with an orange sim as cheaper than getting it sim free but the phones aren't locked from there and have no vendor bloatware.

One thing to mention though was the version I got at least was not dual sim. Not sure if the Uk versions are.

Comment

Neanderthal

Why not get a tough smartphone?

http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/blog/article.asp?id=736
                              If i do have to get one it would have to be tough, integral to the design like your link or a case.
                              But here are some reasons why I don't want one.

Just dont need it. For me it's just like buying a something like an 'iSpade' with a dig counter on it. Tat and gimmicks
                              Its an expensive overhead and initial cost.
                              Can't use it with gloves unless you fork out for special ones.

The good ones will break the bank.
                              They take over peoples lives
                              They end conversations.
                              They're big
                              They are thirsty on leccy which is an absolute balls - means you've to carry a charger everywhere you go.
                              They shove social media down your throat
                              Even the tough ones break and I dont want to be carrying it around in a pelicase.
                              They are expensive to replace
                              They want to carry all your important info.
                              You walk into somewhere and you get picked up on some survey
                              They are constantly bringing out a new model which is annoying.
                              The first thing you have to buy is a case for them....... ??!!

They ruin gigs etc.
                              They are invasive.

They are easily spotted by thieves.
                              They are always left on the table in meetings
                              When your phone rings the whole world can see who it is.
                              I feel my brain cooking when using one

etc etc

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              He'd rather pluck along with his buttoned phone than step into the noughties, never mind the teens!

He told me once about a phone with a small black notebook glued onto the back of it, that would suffice as your phonebook.

Huwie is in no rush to modernise
                              You bollix, that was either something I found online or something dreamt up by my father in out-law. (sellotape and elastics will fix the world kinda guy). Or yer man who was afraid of escalators.
                              The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                              Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Vista bob View Post
                                Website/photo please?
                                http://www.bqreaders.com/gb/products/aquaris-5.html

Both my sister and uncle have them, I've had a play with them and try we're well worth the money.
                                "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X