Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a Smartphone (Pay as you go, €250 and under)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    XiaoMi are the Chinese equivalent of Samsung. Great quality.

    Some dodgy apps on the phones though, so if you do get one maker sure you put on Cyanogenmod. It's usually not that difficult, and instructions for most phones are on XDA Developers.

    Then you just need to add GAPPS from Opengapps to get access to the Google Store.
    ok Fitzy... just bought it... will report back after it arrives....
    some of the reviews are excellent though... just gotta remove some chinese stuff and get onto google Play....

    thanks for the advice..
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

    Comment


      Have the S7 Galaxy Edge, some piece of kit

      Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Stand up and fight

      Comment


        Have the HTC M8 which is fine but Samsung seem to be leading the charge these days, beautiful pieces of kit

        Comment


          Got it on amazon, unlocked and sim free, and on sim only contract. Much cheaper than contract

          Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
          Stand up and fight

          Comment


            Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
            ok Fitzy... just bought it... will report back after it arrives....
            some of the reviews are excellent though... just gotta remove some chinese stuff and get onto google Play....

            thanks for the advice..
            If it's sh*t, don't blame me
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

            Comment


              Some of the stuff coming out of China is excellent, some is crap.

              I am currently using an Ulefone power, primarily due to the battery lasting 2 days with heavy use,which is a godsend.

              But I have been using Ulefone for a while now. I like the kit, price point and the fact they are dual sim and unlocked. Excellent for when I am out of the country.

              Comment


                Do you get hit with vat and duties buying from Chinese suppliers?


                Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                  Do you get hit with vat and duties buying from Chinese suppliers?


                  Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
                  Depends on where you order them from. Gearbest have an EU warehouse, so no VAT or custom charges.

                  They can be a nightmare to deal with though.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                    Do you get hit with vat and duties buying from Chinese suppliers?


                    Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
                    More often than not yes if coming direct from China. It's 23% vat of cost + €7 to An Post.
                    Once the item is over €26.Sometimes they slip through.

                    EU section ,then no customs.

                    Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                      Depends on where you order them from. Gearbest have an EU warehouse, so no VAT or custom charges.

                      They can be a nightmare to deal with though.
                      Would agree,great pricing but currently awful customer service. But it seems to be the way with most Chinese companies

                      Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by taz View Post
                        Would agree,great pricing but currently awful customer service. But it seems to be the way with most Chinese companies

                        Sent from my Power using Tapatalk
                        Mine has arrived into the country, 18 days shipping so far.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Point View Post
                          Mine has arrived into the country, 18 days shipping so far.
                          What have you got in?

                          Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by taz View Post
                            What have you got in?

                            Sent from my Power using Tapatalk
                            The one you recommended/sent link.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Point View Post
                              The one you recommended/sent link.
                              That's the power,that's excellent.

                              Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                                If it's sh*t, don't blame me
                                Just arrived... Lovely looking phone... got some bluetooth speakers, 32Gb memory disk and a case...
                                It all cost peanuts for what the phone is offering...
                                I'll play with it tonight and report back....
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X