Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MF PERSONAL ANNOUNCEMENT (Good news!) on McCloud

Hi all

Some of you may have noticed that one of our more prolific posters and fellow mod, McCloud, has been uncharacteristically quiet of late. I have been asked to let you all know that Kerry, aka McCloud, has recently been taken ill and is currently recovering in Ennis General Hospital.

Kerry had a seizure of sorts, a suspected brain haemorrhage, and he has been recovering in Cork and now Ennis. His memory is intermittent, and his wife would appreciate any cards/notes that anyone would like to send to help with his recovery. At the moment, his attention span is not great, but his memory and general health is improving daily. If anyone would like to send cards, they would be much appreciated. May I suggest that if you send a card that you send some anecdote, or story, that might help Kerry to remember, and perhaps a photo also? If you can, that would be great.

Please send all cards/notes/letters to:

Kerry Blake
    Ennis General Hospital
    Gort Road
    Ennis

Website with contact details, etc., here:

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_...spitals/ennis/

At the moment he is not really up to many visitors, but as some people on here know him quite well, his wife would also appreciate if anyone who knows him and is in the area has a few minutes to pop in. A few minutes is all he is really up for at the moment, and please don't be surprised if he doesn't recognise you or if he recognises you at first and then drifts a bit. But every little helps!

I understand that Ursula, his wife, will be looking in here so please also feel free to post any good wishes on this thread. On behalf of the mods, we wish Kerry a very speedy recovery and we look forward to his return to mf.com and keeping us all updated with the latest news and articles so that we don't have to search for them ourselves!

Thanks everyone. It's a times like these this forum really shines through for people.

SRG
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

McCloud - Kerry - legend

Thanks for update. I hope he makes a good recovery.
    Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Will drop in for a few minutes whenever I get the green light.

Best wishes to Cloudy and to Ursula and the kids too.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Best wishes to Kerry on a speedy recovery.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Get well soon McCloud! We are all rooting and praying for you.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Get well soon Kerry - sorry to hear this news.
              If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Hope kerry makes a full recovery and is back here soon
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Best of Luck McCloud. Hope you make a full recovery.

Comment

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy and full recovery. We'll be thinking of you and Ursula and your kids.
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

All the best McCloud - wishing you a full return to health as quickly as possible
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Thanks for posting it up SRG. Best wishes to Kerry, Ursula and to their family, and here's to a speedy recovery.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

God thats terrible, hope everything works out ok McC for you and your family. Apart from the banter here I dont know anybody personally so I would be a little slow to send cards etc but would gladly post my absolute best wishes here. Keep us all posted on your recovery. Its funny that I only seen this post about 30 mins ago and it sums up your standing here McC:

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                          McCloud would have strong views on this. He's a good man for sowing it into these jokers.
                          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Hope the recovery goes well.

Comment

Best wishes to McCloud.
                              The only mod who shouldn't be locked up in hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X