• Show
Clear All

Playstation 3

Did anybody get one? if so whats it like for

1.gaming

2.HD DVDS

1. expensive
    2. it doesnt do HD DVD, only Blu-Ray

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Blu ray is HD DVD just a different format, but you knew that masterchief didn't you. and yes 600 odd notes is expensive, but I knew that too

So I'll ask again

Anybody get one...

Whats it like?

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6499841.stm

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629><T>
        <T>
        <TR>
        <TD colSpan=3>
        <DIV ="mxb">
        <DIV ="sh">PlayStation breaks sales records </DIV></DIV></TD></TR>
        <TR>
        <TD vAlign=top width=416><!- S BO -><!- S IIMA ->
        <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right><T>
        <T>
        <TR>
        <TD>
        <DIV>
        <DIV ="cap"></DIV></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE><!- E IIMA -><!- S SF ->The PlayStation 3 console has broken UK sales records with more than 165,000 machines sold in the first two days of release, say analysts Chart Track.

More than a million consoles were shipped across Europe on launch day last week with 600,000 sold.

Sony is hoping to retake its title as the console market leader, as Microsoft and Nintendo head the next-gen race.

Meanwhile, games firm Namco Bandai has said it is to use the PS3's Cell chip in arcade machines. <!- E SF ->

Microsoft sold 71,000 Xbox 360 consoles during its UK launch weekend, while Nintendo sold 105,000 Wii machines.

But both companies offered limited stock to retailers, which led to shortages.

Ray Maguire, managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment UK said the figures were a vote of confidence in the machine.

"Having broken the record for launch sales, we are now replenishing retail stock across the country," he said,

The first arcade title to use the PS3 microprocessor will be fighting game Tekken 6, Namco said.

While PlayStation technology has been used in arcade machines in the past it is believed to be the first time that the Cell will be used for games not running on Sony's console.

Namco Bandai has sold its PlayStation 2 arcade technology to other firms, but it is still undecided about whether to sell its PS3 Cell-based technology, a spokeswoman for the firm said. </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Comment

I'm sure its a beast of a system but i couldnt justify spending that much on a gaming system. Had a look at the display model on toys r us and wasnt as impressed as i was expecting, in the games there was still pixelation on the side of a players arms and stuff like that. I was expecting a huge leap forward graphically for all the talk about the machine and what i saw didnt necessarily show it.

Comment

The price is mental.

Comment

660 odd euros and there is only a few games out for it, no way hose. Alsodissapointed the resolution is not as good as you'd expect

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
                I'm sure its a beast of a system but i couldnt justify spending that much on a gaming system. Had a look at the display model on toys r us and wasnt as impressed as i was expecting, in the games there was still pixelation on the side of a players arms and stuff like that. I was expecting a huge leap forward graphically for all the talk about the machine and what i saw didnt necessarily show it.
                It generally takes a while for the people who make the games to be able to get the best out of the console. The first batch of games shouldn't be used to judge the console. Having said that if the games are all pants there's no reason to buy one at the moment. And 630 yoyos is pretty much a joke. Especially when it only costs $600 in the US.

Comment

<DIV>and €600 in the rest of Europe.</DIV>
                  <DIV>The backwards compatability doesn't work properly either.</DIV>
                  <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                  http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                  </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Ok if anyone hasnt downloaded 2.40, dont do it. It freezes the console and you would have to reformat your HDD!!
                    Stand up and fight

Comment

thats no good to me now
                      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

<DIV>Or me.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>Got mine in the states last summer, only problem is it's region locked for dvds and Ps2 games.[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]But saved about E200 and got an extra controller for free. GTA is nearly worth it alone.</DIV>
                          To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

mine is working fine
                            The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

HD DVD's are cheaper than regular dvd's now as shops and sites try to get rid of them. glad i dont have an xbox now. Think i'll go for ps3 soon
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X