X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springsteen confirmed for Thomond Park - Tuesday July 16th

Rumour has it!!!!!
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifesty...rows-1-4489430
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief, they kill for inspiration then sing about their grief...

bruce springsteen thomond park?

Would be awesome if it happens!

Comment

Originally posted by kc73 View Post
      Heard it last night in JJ Bowles (after Fiji debacle) so it must be true.

Will MRSC members have previous right to purchase 2 tickets before they go on general sale? Applied to Elton John, Rod Stewart and Pink concerts AFAIK.

If so, happy days!

Comment

Re: bruce springsteen thomond park?

De Boss!

I hope he plays the "old stuff"...
        "Born to Run" etc...Prefer the "old stuff" not the "Born in the USA" rubbish...

(by means of subscription to thread)
        :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
          Heard it last night in JJ Bowles (after Fiji debacle) so it must be true.

Will MRSC members have previous right to purchase 2 tickets before they go on general sale? Applied to Elton John, Rod Stewart and Pink concerts AFAIK.

If so, happy days!
          This may not happen at all.I am told that Aiken are pissed off that it was leaked and are probably going to pull it. The same thing happened with black eye peas last year.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance on such show business matters...but why would advanced "leaked" knowledge of a proposed event render it an aborted mission?

Comment

Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
              Forgive my ignorance on such show business matters...but why would advanced "leaked" knowledge of a proposed event render it an aborted mission?
              Because apparently it was just talks and Aiken wanted no mention until everything was signed off.

Comment

Ahhh. I stand under you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                  Because apparently it was just talks and Aiken wanted no mention until everything was signed off.
                  !???! Sorry DT, but this does not compute. Springsteen is an annual visitor here and the only question is where in Ireland he will be playing - RDS, Marley Park, Croke Park or wherever. Surely it will not be aborted simply because it is known that his people are talking to TP/Aiken people?

Comment

De Boss!

I hope he plays the "old stuff"...
                    "Born to Run" etc...Prefer the "old stuff" not the "Born in the USA" rubbish...

(by means of subscription to thread)
                    :thumbup:
                    No. 16 both Born to Run and Born in the USA are the "old stuff". You'd be talking, the Rising onwards as the new stuff and albums before the "old stuff". If your appreciation of Bruce stops in 1975, I'd suggest not going to see him play to be quite honest
                    Superintendent Chalmers: “Thank the Lord”? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don’t have a place within an organized religion

Comment

Originally posted by Delmar O'Donnell View Post
                      No. 16 both Born to Run and Born in the USA are the "old stuff". You'd be talking, the Rising onwards as the new stuff and albums before the "old stuff". If your appreciation of Bruce stops in 1975, I'd suggest not going to see him play to be quite honest
                      That's exactly what i was getting at delmar...I grew up listening to his stuff from the 70s and quickly lost interest in any subsequent works in the latter 80s... Effectively beginning with Born in the USA. He lost his way IMO. Clarence Clemmens was the only thing holding it together for me....I mean the punctuation between the decades was not by any means abrupt! Down to the River was something else....but after that....

Comment

That's exactly what i was getting at delmar...I grew up listening to his stuff from the 70s and quickly lost interest in any subsequent works in the latter 80s... Effectively beginning with Born in the USA. He lost his way IMO. Clarence Clemmens was the only thing holding it together for me....I mean the punctuation between the decades was not by any means abrupt! Down to the River was something else....but after that....
                        Would you have listened to much of his stuff from the 2000s on? I don't like his 90's albums bar Ghost of Tom Joad. I'd suggest giving some of his newer albums a chance.

I was at the RDS in the Summer, absolutely brilliant night and I enjoed the songs from all eras.

I reckon more than a third of the set was songs from before Born In the USA including a magnificent version of The River. So you'd still get good enjoyment of it. Some of his full concerts recently are up on You Tube, I'd suggest having a look at one to get a flavour before you splash out the 90 euros!
                        Superintendent Chalmers: “Thank the Lord”? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don’t have a place within an organized religion

Comment

bruce springsteen thomond park?

Born in the USA is a great album, as is Tunnel of Love. Lucky Town/Human Touch had some good songs. Tom Joad and Devils and Dust both had great songs on them.

Really like Wrecking Ball ad Magic, Working on a Dream and the Rising have good stuff on them.

Current tours are good for old fans though. Not only does he play a lot of stuff from The River, Born to Run, the Wild the Innocent etc, but there's a rake of "new" old stuff from The Promise.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                            !???! Sorry DT, but this does not compute. Springsteen is an annual visitor here and the only question is where in Ireland he will be playing - RDS, Marley Park, Croke Park or wherever. Surely it will not be aborted simply because it is known that his people are talking to TP/Aiken people?
                            I,m just telling you what I was advised, same happened a few yrs back with black eyed peas. Got the info from a lad that works on putting these things together with Aiken. Hopefully it happens because Limerick will gain massively if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                              Born in the USA is a great album, as is Tunnel of Love. Lucky Town/Human Touch had some good songs. Tom Joad and Devils and Dust both had great songs on them.

Really like Wrecking Ball ad Magic, Working on a Dream and the Rising have good stuff on them.

Current tours are good for old fans though. Not only does he play a lot of stuff from The River, Born to Run, the Wild the Innocent etc, but there's a rake of "new" old stuff from The Promise.
                              Love the new old stuff from the Promise.

Comment

Working...
                              X