All I want for Christmas....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with Christmas fast approaching, how about a thread for the secret, what you'd really like as a present, instead of the nice but boring jumpers, socks etc...

Keeping it reasonably modest..(and somebit realistic)

For me would love a Soundbar for the TV with bass woofer. Haven't the balls to buy one, Mrs V would string me up.

Series 5 of the Big Bang Theory on Blue Ray would also be well received

Would love to have enough bobs left over to give lazer eye surgery a go. fed up of glasses

So what do you really want?
    Con Artist

A couple of slabs and 2 bottles of baileys will keep me happy.

Comment

the laser eye surgery sounds great however I believe it would burn too big a hole in the Missus wallet for that to be a runner.

A laptop/tablet would be pretty good for me.
      Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
        the laser eye surgery sounds great however I believe it would burn too big a hole in the Missus wallet for that to be a runner.

A laptop/tablet would be pretty good for me.
        Yep same here, would love to have it done, but too many other things to pay for first
        Con Artist

Comment

An iphone 5.

I could then pass it on to my teenage daughter and it would save me the expense of buying one for her.

Comment

Without wanting to get all "real meaning Christmas" about it, I'm most looking forward to a few days at home with the family without work to worry about.

The fact that no one else is working while you're off makes Christmas far more relaxing than any summer break, when I'm constantly worrying about what will be waiting for me when I get back.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
              Without wanting to get all "real meaning Christmas" about it, I'm most looking forward to a few days at home with the family without work to worry about.

The fact that no one else is working while you're off makes Christmas far more relaxing than any summer break, when I'm constantly worrying about what will be waiting for me when I get back.
              You need to change jobs!

I'd like to travel more (for pleasure)
              A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

I'd like the Bull's book, and a win over the Ulstermen on the 29th
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                  An iphone 5.

I could then pass it on to my teenage daughter and it would save me the expense of buying one for her.
                  No such thing as a free lunch Glorob.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I love to give presents and I think hard on it too. I detest gift cards and vouchers at Christmas. It does not bother me to receive presents. I just love the magic of it and the gathering of friends and family. I just love warm fires;cold walks; card games and stuffing yourself on all the things yummy.

What I really want, I cannot have and that is the brother and his family home from Australia. Now 3.5 years since we met.
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

That reminds me, I'm working Christmas Eve night, will finish 9am Christmas day, then back in on Stephens day. So just the one day this year. Still glad to have a job to go to
                      Con Artist

Comment

Nicely put.

First time in a few years my entire family will be back in Limerick for a good chunk of the holiday so looking forward to getting drunk on Christmas day while watching a few bad movies.
                        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                          Well with Christmas fast approaching, how about a thread for the secret, what you'd really like as a present, instead of the nice but boring jumpers, socks etc...

Keeping it reasonably modest..(and somebit realistic)

For me would love a Soundbar for the TV with bass woofer. Haven't the balls to buy one, Mrs V would string me up.
                          I bought one of these babies back in April, great job. No cables running allover the place, and suits perfectly for a 5.5m x 5m room.
                          http://www.panasonicstore.ie/product...less-subwoofer

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                            I bought one of these babies back in April, great job. No cables running allover the place, and suits perfectly for a 5.5m x 5m room.
                            http://www.panasonicstore.ie/product...less-subwoofer
                            Oh yeah baby....!!! Me want one

How's the sound Bitter?
                            Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                              ..How's the sound Bitter?
                              He's not allowed turn it on.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X