Claro/Babylon Malware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claro/Babylon Malware

Help my computer search engines have been highjacked by Babylon/Claro. How do I get rid of ? Major technophobe so as simple a soloution as possible please !
    We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
    Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Start-Programs-Computer-Add/Remove programs, take out anything with claro or balylon.
    If you have Firefocks - go to 'Tools' - 'Add-Ons' and remove/disable any of that stuff.
    Go to Start- Search, then enter Babylon in the window and search all files & folders and delete anything with Babylon in the name. Repeat for 'Claro'.
    In Firefocks click on 'Tools', then 'Options' then 'General'. Manually change your homepage back to the one you want.
    Google your problem with Babylon and Claro - there's loads of advise and tips.
    You probably downloaded something and failed to uncheck 'Make Babylon my homepage' etc
    A more tricky scam is to not offer you the option to untick the box. Only when you cancel your download will a new window open without the Babylon crap.
    Last edited by MrsMcGahan; 18th-November-2012, 17:58.

Comment

Some additional instructions here
      On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Babylon Support ffs?

King sized oxymoron from the World Moron HQs.

That's like Hitler phoning the Jewish Council telling them to avoid the trains going to Auschwitz.

Only worse.

Comment

haha....
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Claro/Babylon Malware

Kids were streaming tv programs & my home computer is now infected with a Trojan- Ransom virus (fake Garda page) & I'm now locked out of our main computer (they're lucky that they are in school this morning...!!) where to start?
            Con Artist

Comment

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/an-garda-siochana-virus/
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Claro/Babylon Malware

Cheers Fitzy, lovely way to pass a Monday morning
                Con Artist

Comment

Try the first option, safe mode with networking and run Malwarebytes. Had to talk a guy through the process the other night, and it worked for him. If you get rid of the malware straight away using the quick scan mode, I would recommend performing a full scan, will take about an hour or so, to ensure every thing is removed.

Also download a program called CCleaner from here, and run it after finishing running the anti malware program. Run cleaner and also clean the registry.
                  "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
                  I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
                  A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
                  No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Claro/Babylon Malware

Thanks Michael I clicked full scan now as the Quick scan found nothing?? I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials!
                    Con Artist

Comment

Claro/Babylon Malware

Originally posted by michael View Post
                      Try the first option, safe mode with networking and run Malwarebytes. Had to talk a guy through the process the other night, and it worked for him. If you get rid of the malware straight away using the quick scan mode, I would recommend performing a full scan, will take about an hour or so, to ensure every thing is removed.

Also download a program called CCleaner from here, and run it after finishing running the anti malware program. Run cleaner and also clean the registry.
                      Michael the link that Fitzy gave me the guy recommends scanning with Malware bytes which it is currently doing then using Hitman Pro? ( or is that just an alternate?)
                      Con Artist

Comment

Thanks Fitzy & Michael. The Malware bytes progam detected and removed after a qucik scan. I'm now running the full scan and will download the CCleaner to sort out the registry. Many thanks for the help, much appreciated.
                        Con Artist

Comment

Re: Claro/Babylon Malware

Hitmanpro is just another anti malware program. Have never used it mind. If everything works ok, malwarebytes should do the job first time.
                          "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
                          I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
                          A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
                          No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                          X