Israel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israel

So, 14 kids killed now. UN shows it's impotence by allowing this to continue. You'd think considering WW2, Israel would be the one nation to know better.
    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Israel

If Hamas would stop its rocket attacks on Israel there would be no need for retaliation.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
      If Hamas would stop its rocket attacks on Israel there would be no need for retaliation.
      Hmmmm, doesn't cut it in my opinion. The Palestinians in Gaza are hemmed in, under siege, they will fight back whatever way they can.
      Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
      http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Just hope it doesnt turn into a ground war, have a lot of mates in the IDF and in Israel in general
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

that sentence on its own makes sense....but that's only a snippet of the issue...

Hamas and elements with Israeli establishment are as bad as each other...the 1.5m Palestinians in Gaza live in shocking conditions as long as that festers nothing will change...

Life for your average Israeli in downtown Tel Aviv is a million miles away from life in Gaza. And in a vacuum like that extremists will flourish.

The Israelis always cite the fact they're neighbours want to see the destruction of Israel as justification for they're actions when everything they do involves the destruction of Palestine.
          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Israel

Most people here are only interested in one side of the story unfortunately.

Comment

Most people here are only interested in one side of the story unfortunately.
              And more importantly the protagonists in question are only interested in one side of the story.
              "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Israel

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                  So, 14 kids killed now. UN shows it's impotence by allowing this to continue. You'd think considering WW2, Israel would be the one nation to know better.
                  Appalling, isn't it?
                  They went are media centres as well over the last 24 hours, I wonder why?
                  Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                  Munster: Early Season
                  Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                  Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                  Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Israel

And if Israel would get its foot off the neck of the Palestinians, then Hamas wouldn't have any support.

The Israelis have spent decades brutalising a people whose land they stole, and then citing the need to defend themselves in a conflict in which they are, and always have been, the ultimate aggressor.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Typical simplistic analysis from Balla Boy, the fact is that part of the map of the world has never had a set series of borders for very long, its been invaded by almost every major empire across history and has been in a constant state of flux as a result. Also the jews have lived there for several thousand years as is clear from all major historical texts on the region. Both sides bear responsibility for what is currently happening as do the English and Americans whose inteference after the last war largely has caused the current situation
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Israel

I can only aspire to your level of developed thinking, Sewa, but that seems to me to be broad brush ****e of the first water.

It's no more a defence than Germany could have used for invading Poland.

They're maintaining a grip on an occupation that has repeatedly been declared illegal by the UN. Their failure to reach reasonable terms with a willing Palestinian leadership over the last decade and a half has left them dealing with Hamas, and their repeated brutalisation of the population has created the conditions for extremism.

They reap what they sow, and respond by sowing all the more ferociously.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Israel bad / Palestine good, thats all your argument boils down to.

I don't agree with the wall or any new settlements, these are undeniably wrong as far as I am concerned, at soem point they will have to give up some land in return for peace. Balancing that while I lived there the Israelis showed remarkable tolerance despite a number of atrocities, a school bus hit by a rocket, a palestinian using a bus to mow down a load of civilians at a bus stop etc.

I can only imagine the Iranians must be delighted at how well their plan is working, they are the only winners here.
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Israel

Not at all, Sewa. I'm outright opposed to the Hamas administration, and know people in Israel whose view on the conflict is very similar to mine.

Israel does itself no favours by letting the right drive its approach, much as the Thatcher govt have succor to the PIRA by taking its hard line.

Hamas are a nasty bunch of bastards, but Israel has given them oxygen.

And all of that aside, Israel's response is indefensible. It's like bombing West Belfast in response to the IRA. You wouldn't have to be an IRA supporter to condemn that as lunacy.

Comment

Working...
                            X