Aer Lingus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aer Lingus

Sorry if theres already an aer lingus thread-i cant find one on search though.

AL have put back my flight departure in april from Geneva to Dublin from 2105 to 1040...a good 11 hours. I cannot have my money back as im committed to a timetable in Geneva and the new flight is too early for me so i will ask them to transfer me to the next days flight, but that means an unnescessary night in geneva. Under the circumstances will AL pay for this? does anyone know what my rights are in this regard?

Thanks
    If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Re: Aer Lingus

T's and C's but I'd imagine you're not getting anything from Aer Lingus. They gave you loads of notice, I think you may be able to cancel without any penalty though.
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Unfortunately they have you over a barrel like most Airlines are allowed to do.

Comment

Aer Lingus passenger traffic rises

Short and long haul flights see rise in travellers compared with March 2012

Traffic at Aer Lingus rose by 4.3 per cent in March, with both short and long haul passengers showing a rise over the year, the airline said today.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/s...ises-1.1349986

Comment

There's an AL sale on at the mo. Got our flights to NYC for €443 return on October BH weekend. Result!
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

holy crap, thats amazing....
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Aer Lingus getting as bad as Ryanair, just went to checkin online and they want a fiver a seat! WTF? I'm travelling with my two boys so that's another 30€ round trip.

Anyone travelled with them lately? Anyway to avoid this charge?

Also does anyone know if all these surprise charges actually make them any money or if they just piss people off and turn them off flying. The past four years I've taken the Ferry after a bad experience with Ryanair! Only the fact that my car currently needs some expensive repairs, and the fact that you can't take a French rental car on a ferry has me using an airline again (this from someone who used to work for American Airlines).
              Last edited by lilleexile; 31st-July-2013, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
                Aer Lingus getting as bad as Ryanair, just went to checkin online and they want a fiver a seat! WTF? I'm travelling with my two boys so that's another 30€ round trip.

Also does anyone know if all these surprise charges actually make them any money or if they just piss people off and turn them off flying. The past four years I've taken the Ferry after a bad experience with Ryanair! Only the fact that my car currently needs some expensive repairs, and the fact that you can't take a French rental car on a ferry has me using an airline again (this from someone who used to work for American Airlines).
                Is that not just to pick a seat lille?? I flew with them last week and didn't have this charge.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post

Are you trying to check in outside 30 hours before the flight? If yes, they will charge for seats.

If checking in within 30 hours you can usually choose seats for no charge from row 6 back except the emergency exit rows. Not unreasonable.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies! Will now check in online 29h 59m and 59s before the flight!

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                    Are you trying to check in outside 30 hours before the flight? If yes, they will charge for seats.

If checking in within 30 hours you can usually choose seats for no charge from row 6 back except the emergency exit rows. Not unreasonable.

Comment

Got caught in the usual fog disaster from Cork Airport this evening. Ended up flying from Shannon, must say fair play to the crew for handling some very understandably tired and irate passengers
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                        Got caught in the usual fog disaster from Cork Airport this evening. Ended up flying from Shannon, must say fair play to the crew for handling some very understandably tired and irate passengers
                        Sure isn't everything Cork been moved to Limerick anyways
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Seeing as the Government have no problem with announcing 6 jobs in a solicitors in Cork then the net job loss of 80 should deserve some sort of statement, especially given the blocking shareholding? Look at the time of the article as well, perfect weekend PR.

Linkage

Aer Lingus say 40 jobs announced earlier this year will not now go ahead

Aer Lingus has said that 40 new jobs announced last July by the airline will not now go ahead.
                          The company said that 40 more cabin crew based out of Shannon could face redeployment or redundancy.
                          The IMPACT trade union is to ballot cabin crew for industrial action in response to management's move to outsource staff on transatlantic services.
                          Last July, Aer Lingus announced it was almost doubling the frequency of transatlantic services from Shannon next year, but using a smaller Boeing 757 aircraft.
                          The company plans to lease the aircraft from external provider ASL Aviation.
                          The company said it would be a crew of four - something the company says the Irish Aviation Authority had approved.
                          But the trade union IMPACT said the number was an issue that had to be negotiated and agreed but the company refused to engage on the issue.
                          Aer Lingus says it was informed by the trade union that it would not operate transatlantic flights with four crew.
                          In a communication to staff this evening about what Chief Executive Christoph Mueller said: "IMPACT's own goal is a lost opportunity."
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Hot on the news about Ryanair/Shannon Aer Lingus deliver their own 'jobs announcement' for Shannon.

Linkage
                            Aer Lingus cutting 87 cabin crew jobs at Shannon

Aer Lingus has told unions it is axing 87 cabin crew jobs at Shannon because the staff refused to fly new transatlantic routes using smaller planes with lower staffing levels.
                            It is understood staff will be offered the options of redeployment to Dublin or Cork, voluntary severance, or possibly redundancy.
                            However, a spokesman declined to confirm whether there would be compulsory redundancies.
                            Staff may also be offered the option of leave of absence to work for ASL Aviation/Air Contractors Ltd - the company from which Aer Lingus is leasing the planes for the new transatlantic services.
                            Last July, Aer LIngus announced it was increasing its transatlantic services from Shannon, and was leasing planes from ASL Aviation/Air Contractors Limited.
                            Serving Aer Lingus pilots agreed to fly the new smaller planes, but the cabin crew union IMPACT said it would not operate the flights with the 4 member staff complement sought by the company.
                            Aer Lingus warned unions in recent weeks that if they did not accept the new staffing levels, they would instruct ACL to recruit the staff themselves and operate the services which commence in January.
                            The company had said that if the new staffing levels were accepted, they would be creating 40 new jobs.
                            IMPACT has condemned the move and described it as an act of "wanton destruction" on the livelihoods of loyal workers.
                            The union said its members will fight the decision and said the action of Aer Lingus management was entirely unnecessary.
                            It said cabin crew are balloting for industrial action with the ballot due to be completed on 30 October.
                            In a memo to staff, Chief Executive Christoph Mueller said that it not a commercially viable option to retain a single short haul crew base in Shannon.
                            He stressed that there would be no reduction to the Shannon schedule or fleet, but that the resultant job creation would not be happening within Aer Lingus, but within ACL.
                            He said this was a situation the company had never contemplated being in.
                            Mr Mueller said that what started out as a great opportunity to protect existing jobs for Aer Lingus crew, to create 40 extra jobs and to provide promotional opportunity has ended up in making the Shannon cabin crew base unviable.
                            Airline sources also stressed that the expansion in their services from Shannon would still benefit the Shannon area - but any resultant job creation would now happen outside of Aer Lingus rather than within the company.
                            The company is now entering into a 30 day consultation period with unions.
                            IMPACT official Michael Landers accused management of attempting to bully its own staff into submission with an ultimatum - and then slammed the door on discussions when it announced it would outsource crew.
                            He said cabin crew representatives had made it clear they were willing to discuss the matter further, and had not, contrary to claims by management, refused to crew the flights with a complement of four crew members.
                            Pilots' union IALPA, which has agreed to fly the new routes, said it was monitoring developments at Shannon, and urged management to return to talks with cabin crew.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Has Michael O'Leary taken over Aer Lingus?
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                              X