Spotify launches in Ireland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify launches in Ireland

Available since yesterday, great music streaming service, completely legal too.

If you don't have a FB a/c or don't want to link yours too it (you can change the settings once you've it installed) there is an email sign up option.

www.spotify.com/ie
    Marty in the Morning

It won't let me log in without FB Leaky...
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by SecondRowGal View Post
      It won't let me log in without FB Leaky...
      I set mine up with my FB (but disabled it straight away once in) so this link might not look be the right one.

I gather you've to log out of your facebook completely before doing the email thing

https://www.spotify.com/ie/signup/open/

Other (slightly cumbersome) option is create an email addy and a fake facebook profile, wouldn't take longer than 5 mins, sign up to Spotify and never check that email and FB profile again.
      Marty in the Morning

Comment

Thanks Leaky!!
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Does this only give you free music for 48 hours?

Comment

No, it's completely free.

You get 20 hours of non-ad interrupted music and then you get the occasional 30 second ad after that 20 hours. Up to yourself if you find that annoying or not, some people I know have moved back to Grooveshark. Clunkier interface but no ads. I find GS a bit buggy, crashes a lot on Firefox for me, and I listen to music at work so Spotify is safer for me. It's officially 'legal' too, GS has plenty of question marks over it.

If you're signing up for the free month's trial for the Premium service, just be aware that it will take the payment off you unless you cancel the payment before the end of the month.
            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Once again, top notch reply Leaky! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                No, it's completely free.

You get 20 hours of non-ad interrupted music and then you get the occasional 30 second ad after that 20 hours. Up to yourself if you find that annoying or not, some people I know have moved back to Grooveshark. Clunkier interface but no ads. I find GS a bit buggy, crashes a lot on Firefox for me, and I listen to music at work so Spotify is safer for me. It's officially 'legal' too, GS has plenty of question marks over it.

If you're signing up for the free month's trial for the Premium service, just be aware that it will take the payment off you unless you cancel the payment before the end of the month.
                the occasional 30 second adds are very frequent and repetitive nowadays.
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                  The premium membership really came into its own for me when the Iphone app allowed me to save playlists for offline listening, with a simple function for turning albums into playlists.

I still buy some music, as the problem with Spotify remains that some things will just be pulled from the service without announcement.

But it's now by far the dominant way that I listen to new music. For £9.99 a month I get a lot of value out of it.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                    Thats because nobody in Ireland is buying membership I would wager
                    I am the million man.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised the other day that spotify is now free again on my tablet. But its a shame that you cant access the radio stations and apps.
                      The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                      Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
                        I was pleasantly surprised the other day that spotify is now free again on my tablet. But its a shame that you cant access the radio stations and apps.
                        Tunein radio is a great app for radio stations.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          I have that. It is great.

Spotify on the computer has apps and "radio" where you can just type in say.. Paris Café. And it would tap into playlists created for that sound. Handy if you've people over for dinner etc for background music... Or if you own a cafe.

There are also apps where groups of people have interests in a particular genre or new music etc and they keep you in the loop.
                          The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                          Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            Until you find yourself tapping along to Moldovan folk music.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Spotify or Apple Music ? Which is best, Ive loads of music in my itunes and like to add to it from time to time doesnt always have what Im looking for.
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                              X