Same Sex marriage. How would you vote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is in the news again in last few days. Ive had disturbing conversations with people against this. How would you vote (if the goverment ever finds the balls to have a vote to allow it)
    YES
    86.96%
    NO
    13.04%

The poll is expired.

There Rice krispie cakes not buns

No brainer to my mind would have to be a resounding yes.

As long as people do not frighten the horses or children then their sexual orientation is no ones business but their own. Couples regardless of gender makeup should enjoy the same rights in a fair and just society, and also deserve the same chance of lifetime happiness or misery (delete as appropraite ).
    I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Yes.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I'd like to hear one single reasonable reason to vote No, (not attacking anyones right to vote No).

Comment

Would be interested in hearing the views of one of the two people who voted no on this.
            I've voted yes. Don't see any reason to oppose this if it came to a referendum.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes. As above, have yet to hear a single reasonable argument against.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I would like to think we'd be more open than this anyway:

http://www.thejournal.ie/labour-lgbt...72958-Nov2012/
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  Yes. As above, have yet to hear a single reasonable argument against.
                  I haven't heard a reasonable argument against, but I have heard a few funny ones. "What's to stop people marrying dogs?" and the like.

Presumably Joey has voted no, I hear his life partner has been angling for it and he's just not ready for the commitment.
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

I voted NO - I don't want to see deserted wife's allowance being paid to men.

(over to you, Jenta!)
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                      I haven't heard a reasonable argument against, but I have heard a few funny ones. "What's to stop people marrying dogs?" and the like.

Presumably Joey has voted no, I hear his life partner has been angling for it and he's just not ready for the commitment.
                      I voted yes, but this poll doesn't have legal effect, right?
                      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                        I voted NO - I don't want to see deserted wife's allowance being paid to men.

(over to you, Jenta!)

In these times of equality and political correctness should we not have a deserted spouse's allowance anyway?
                        Last edited by glorob; 14th-November-2012, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
                          I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Maine and Maryland just voted yes in support of same sex marriages on referenda same day as presidential election.

http://protectmarriagemaine.com/threat/

Above site is against allowing gay marriage... and I've attached a piece on why people should vote no (according to them not.me!!!)

" CONSEQUENCES OF REDEFINING MARRIAGE
                            Children will pay a severe price-with life-long consequences-if marriage in Maine is redefined. We know from painful experience what denying a child a father or a mother does to that child. Social science provides clear evidence that children raised outside of intact families experience a wide range of problems that limit their prospects for long-term success. They are more likely to grow up in poverty and have increased juvenile delinquency. They are also more likely to have higher incidence of drug use, increased risk of teen pregnancy, higher dropout rates, lower educational attainment, poorer physical and emotional health, etc.
                            Churches and pastors will also face direct consequences if marriage is redefined. The word of God will be considered outright bigotry-which is what a federal judge in California ruled when he declared that marriage was unconstitutional. Churches that provide facilities for weddings will be told to provide them for same-sex weddings as well. That is exactly what happened in New Jersey, where a Methodist church group lost part of its tax exemption for refusing to make its facilities available for a same-sex commitment ceremony."

Indiana will be voting on it in the near future.

http://m.courierpress.com/news/2012/...---nextbattle/

Tide is turning in a very conservative country like US , so i couldn't see anything but a resounding vote in support of same sex marriage in Ireland also considering the Catholic church has lost its moral compass with the majority of Irish citizens.
                            "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Anyone under the age of 30 who votes conservative has no heart, anyone over the age of 30 who votes liberal has no sense............
                              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X