Bertie lies to the nation ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bertie lies to the nation ...

Just watching Bertie Ahern giving his re-election speech at the FF Ard Fheis. If i didn't know it, I'd swear he hasn't been Taoiseach for the last 10 years. He's promising a f**king utopian paradise if we vote them back in. Why did they wait 10 years? Does anyone believe him????

I've justy puked all over my keyboard. Listening to the little scumbag reading out that scripted paragraph "as Gaeilge" did it for me - I bet he hadn't a clue what he was saying.

Why the blazes do the sheep continue to vote for a career con-man like that guttersnipe?
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

the sycophantic cheering of the audience reminds me of footage of the infamous Nuremberg rally.

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua
        the sycophantic cheering of the audience reminds me of footage of the infamous Nuremberg rally.

I know exactly what you mean.

There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

Does anyone really believe the election promises being made by any of the political parties? Once the election is over, 2 or 3 parties will have to sit down and agree a "programme for government" this will then give the parties an opt out option from their manifestos.

It's getting more and more difficult to motivate myself to go out to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac

This is all the motivation that I need:-

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

It's getting more and more difficult to motivate myself to go out to
              vote.

This is all the motivation that I need:-

[img]http://www.munsterfans//uploads/images/OldDog/
              <br / border=[/img]haugheycj.jpg">

* [img]http://www.munsterfans//uploads/images/
              <br / border=[/img]OldDog/Lawlor.jpg">

<br / border=[/img]bertie.jpg">

<br / border=[/img]Burke.jpg">

<br / border=[/img]Cullen.jpg">[img]http://www.munsterfans//uploads/
              <br / border=[/img]images/OldDog/roche.jpg">
              sums it up perfectly

Comment

Does anyone really believe the election promises being made by any of the political parties? Once the election is over, 2 or 3 parties will have to sit down and agree a "programme for government" this will then give the parties an opt out option from their manifestos.

Here's the alternative:

http://www.wsm.ie/
                There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

O D,

Please leave Willie out of it......

And what about not speaking ill of the dead? Old CJ did a few decent turns for the country (&amp; for himself...); I fail to come up with anything positive for the country that Bertie may have done. I can see all around me where he has damaged what we have/had. The only person I could understand votingFF this time round would be someone like his friend Paddy (the plasterer) or someone who has a whole load of section 23 property (financed from Ansbacher or the Channel Isles).

Comment

Or somebody going to the races in Galway[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Mostly builders with large wads of cash waiting for bertie let me trouser that to hove into view[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

don't be silly ... vote, and use it wisely. It should be against the law not to vote, imo. Apathy ensures the wrong people get it. It's one of the reasons we have these corrupt b*****ds running the country.

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua

don't be silly ... vote, and use it wisely. It should be against the law not to vote, imo. Apathy ensures the wrong people get it. It's one of the reasons we have these corrupt b*****ds running the country.

It isn't apathy. It's antipathy.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

I only tuned in for a bit, from what i heard income tax will be dropped to 18% over the next 5 years and prsi payments will be halved? that sounds alright to me, and not something so far fetched that they cant deliver it.

as for fine gaels promise of abolishing stamp duty, stupid idea which i think they know will not make it any easier for prospective first time buyers like myself because prices will just increase by the amount of the stamp duty.. but they do know that people will hear it on the news and say "hmm that'll save me 20 grand" when in fact it wont make a bit of difference.

Now if someone promised something like better weather or a world cup win for Ireland, i'd may be swayed....

Comment

They might drop tax to 18% but guess what when you fill the car with fuel bertie will be there, if you want to go out for a drink and a meal bertie will be there, go buy a some clothes bertie will be there. When you are paying for the books and school uniform for your kids at national school level bertie will be there*.

BTW FG this is copyrighted!
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

They might drop tax to 18% but guess what when you fill the car with fuel bertie will be there, if you want to go out for a drink and a meal bertie will be there, go buy a some clothes bertie will be there. When you are paying for the books and school uniform for your kids at national school level bertie will be there*.

BTW FG this is copyrighted!
                              Thats kinda scary, imagine Bertie sitting next to you when you're out on the piss...

Comment

Working...
                              X