Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else see it yet? Have to say I enjoyed it immensely. Made me want to start a fight! (And wear a red cloak[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]). I highly recommend it. Good old-fashioned swords and sandals stuff.
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Saw it last night, loved it. Mindless slaughter has never been so much fun.

Comment

The fight scenes are breath-taking. Not the usual rubbish of thousands of computer generated soldiers running at each other, but the way it shows one or two spartans at a time killing several opponents. You actually believe that they could do it from the way they move. I watched a video journal on the official website where it showed the training regime the actors went through. Pretty intense stuff. I saw an ad for it on TV this morning and it made me want to go see it again! Definite DVD purchase in the future.
      Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

im itching to see this movie! im a massive frank miller fan. The book is quite shallow and probably not my favorite of his workbut one of the most beautifully created books ever, and it looks an incredible adaptatoion of his story

Im supposed to go to a gig tonight but i might ave to sneak in to the cinema first

Comment

The film is quite shallow too, I think it's aim is just to have you leaving the cinema thinking that was the coolest film you'd ever seen. The battle scenes are nothing short of incredible, they've really gone all out. Apparently some of the lines in it too were historical quotes (or paraphrased) which is excellent imo.

Comment

great entertainment altogether.I wonder how either side would do against the Red Army though?
            No signature

Comment

It's not Gladiator or Troy (which is a good thing) in case that is what people are expecting. There's one bit where the spartans are walking menacingly towards the camera (i.e. the persians) and this heavy rock/metal tune (think NIN were involved in the soundtrack) is playing in the background. Totally misplaced you would think in an historical epic (not that it is one technically I suppose) , but it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                Totally misplaced you would think in an historical epic (not that it is one technically I suppose) , but it works perfectly.
                It's weird how we're conditioned to think that! A John Williams soundtrack is equally as historically misplaced!
                Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Well there's a difference between being misplaced and being historically misplaced. Epic movies usually have epic soundtracks of a sweeping orchestral nature. There's really no way of knowing for sure what the spartans listened to on their i-pods on the way to Thermopylae.

Comment

300 is excellent, great fights scenes.

The scenes in between the fight scenes took from the movie abit. not much mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Drick
                      300 is excellent, great fights scenes.The scenes in
                      between the fight scenes took from the movie abit. not much mind.
                      exactly drick though the fight scenes were immense

Comment

Saw it last night.... superb.... Love Miller's work... love the direction cinematography takes in this movie..
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to come on this thread and say it's useless. If they do, I suggest we all lock shields and push them off the nearest cliff.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img][img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Eh, that was a bit s**t.
                            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                              Eh, that was a bit s**t.

Yeah absolute cr*p in my opinion!

Haven't actually seen it just in te mood for a fight! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]Really looking forward to seeing.
                              ANY MANS FINEST HOUR, HIS GREATEST FULFILMENT OF ALL HE HOLDS DEAR, IS THE MOMENT WHEN HE HAS WORKED HIS HEART OUT IN A GOOD CAUSE AND LIES EXHAUSTED ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE – VICTORIOUS.

Comment

Working...
                              X