Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrenda
    replied
    No wifi by the Cricket Club Mr. Elderly Dog. I didn't go down to the club house, just stood on the road and searched for wifi, but there was nothing turning up.

Leave a comment:

• Mrenda
    replied
    No clue OD. I was sitting in front of the new bandstand/stage thingy. I'm heading down there again today and if I think of it I'll check.

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrenda View Post
    Fitzgerald's Park has free wifi. What a time to be alive!
    Any idea whether it extends as far as the Cork County cricket ground? If so, then I'm relocating to Cork City.

Leave a comment:

• Mrenda
    replied
    Fitzgerald's Park has free wifi. What a time to be alive!

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Never offer your warm toilet seat to a tall dark and handsome stranger in a public lavatory. Doing so may lead to a serious misunderstanding.

Leave a comment:

• leftwinger
    replied
    Don't order ribs on a first date !

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    It's a simple salt, if rust is an issue forget it

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Rover 75. Bit of a known issue relating to the sunroof drains - apparently a moderately easy fix but I want to get the car dried out again before any mould sets in, or any electrics are affected.

I'm told there could be 5 or 6 litres of water soaked into the soundproofing foam underneath the carpet, so I'm guessing that moisture-absorbing crystals probably won't be sufficient on this occasion - any link to info about them Sulla, or a brand name I can look up?
    Kilrock the brand name on the tub. Calcium Chloride the active substance. I wouldn't recommend spreading them about, they need to be housed in a container. They absorb water and turns into a messy gue, which is probably quite corrosive.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Rover 75. Bit of a known issue relating to the sunroof drains - apparently a moderately easy fix but I want to get the car dried out again before any mould sets in, or any electrics are affected.

I'm told there could be 5 or 6 litres of water soaked into the soundproofing foam underneath the carpet, so I'm guessing that moisture-absorbing crystals probably won't be sufficient on this occasion - any link to info about them Sulla, or a brand name I can look up?
    Got them in the local hardware store You can get tubs of them as well as individual containers with which you fill with crystals
    Homebase & B&q certainly have had them in the past

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Valencia
    replied
    Is the car a volvo by any chance Chippy? Friend of mine plagued with similar problem

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Use crystals stuff for boats you can get in hardware stores That said it would take longer than a day or two

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    Cheers Kavy, it is a leather interior alright so I'll bear that in mind. However it should be possible to do it slowly/gently enough with the machine I'm looking at using, maybe connecting it to a timer plug so it only does 2-3 hours at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Kavy
    replied
    Be very very careful! A friend of mine, a classic car owner, told me a story once about a chap who used one in a Porsche after a leak. He overdid it, exactly how I don't know, and much of the trim of the interior shrank causing a world of heartache trying to put it right.

It may have been that the dash and trim were of leather, I'm not sure, but check and double check with someone knowledgeable before you go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    This is probably as good a thread as any to ask this - can anyone recommend a cheap-but-effective dehumidifier? One of the sunroof drains in the car got clogged with the result that the carpet and (very absorbent) foam under the driver's seat has soaked up an indeterminate amount of water. Rather than strip out the seats & interior to try and squeeze/mop it out, I'd rather use a dehumidifier in the car over the course of a night or two, but a lot are pricey enough, well in excess of a hundred notes - however this one looks like reasonable value at just £32. Anybody got any other recommendations before I hit the "Add to basket" button?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X