No announcement yet.

Handy Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When putting on pants use one foot at a time ......

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
      it was the style at the time
      Shouldn't that be in a different tread,what culchies like
      employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
      beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
      who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
      we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        When lighting matches always strike away from home for fear you might get burnt.
        Striking the match away from you is for girlies.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
          The girlies are always right though. But thats another handy tip.

The trick with striking a match is to brush and not sweep the match across the pack if you catch my drift.
          Hold at around 45deg toward the pack and strike bluntly at the strip.
          So simple, yet most still 'sweep'.
          The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
          Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Handy Tip for anyone in Cork going to gigs at the Marquee. Logged on to TicketBasterd to buy 2 tickets for Biffy Clyro for my eldest
            Tickets €37.50 but they wanted €4.50 extra per ticket.

Rang ProMusica, they sell tickets over the counter €37.50 no extra charge!

€9 fee for 1 transaction, TicketBasterd can go suck a big one. On principal wouldn't give it to them. Tip: buy your tickets from ProMusica or other outlets.
            Con Artist

Comment

Tickets.ie offer a similar service for GAA matches as Ticket Tout do. Again without the "service charge" For instance Dublin v Wexford and Kidare v Meath or Carlow 29th June.

Tickets.ie €30.00 + €1.50 postage or print at home for free.
              Ticketmaster €30.00 + €3.00 "Service Charge" free post, free print at home and free collect.

Comment

Always exercise extreme caution when either zipping or unzipping, in the absence of undergarments.
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                  Always exercise extreme caution when either zipping or unzipping, in the absence of undergarments.
                  Even when it's someone else you're unzipping ...
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                    Even when it's someone else you're unzipping ...
                    Without question, no exceptions in this matter.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                      Girls rock.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

On a more pleasant note, today the EU banned additional charges beyond the actual cost of processing a credit card payment.
                        Con Artist

Comment

This is probably as good a thread as any to ask this - can anyone recommend a cheap-but-effective dehumidifier? One of the sunroof drains in the car got clogged with the result that the carpet and (very absorbent) foam under the driver's seat has soaked up an indeterminate amount of water. Rather than strip out the seats & interior to try and squeeze/mop it out, I'd rather use a dehumidifier in the car over the course of a night or two, but a lot are pricey enough, well in excess of a hundred notes - however this one looks like reasonable value at just £32. Anybody got any other recommendations before I hit the "Add to basket" button?
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Be very very careful! A friend of mine, a classic car owner, told me a story once about a chap who used one in a Porsche after a leak. He overdid it, exactly how I don't know, and much of the trim of the interior shrank causing a world of heartache trying to put it right.

It may have been that the dash and trim were of leather, I'm not sure, but check and double check with someone knowledgeable before you go ahead.

Comment

Cheers Kavy, it is a leather interior alright so I'll bear that in mind. However it should be possible to do it slowly/gently enough with the machine I'm looking at using, maybe connecting it to a timer plug so it only does 2-3 hours at a time.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Use crystals stuff for boats you can get in hardware stores That said it would take longer than a day or two
                                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                                X