No announcement yet.

Handy Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're using tapatalk posting a pic from your phone is as easy as posting text. Just click on the camera symbol beside the discard symbol, then select the photo from your phone and attach. Then add text if you wish and submit.

If I figured it out, so too can you!

Comment

a handy is a good plan b
      I am Flsghujslkuo, and I approved this message.

Comment

Anybody got any tips for dealing with ants in the house? We've had a good few of them lately particularly around the fireplace but could really do with getting rid of the feckers.
        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

do you know the source or is it just random ones around the place?

have a look along the outside wall of the house fo a concentration of them, then dont do what i do which is pour random stuff in there (weed killer and so on, they leave but dont all die). just get a few puts of boiling water
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Need to use something that kills them but also they bring back to the nest and kill off the queen and everything there. Plenty of Ant powders in DIY stores

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/fig...nts-with-borax
            Last edited by Sulla; 9-April-2013, 09:25.
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Cheers lads, I've never had this problem before and due to the layout of the house the fireplace is in the middle of the house so I really don't know how they are getting in.
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                Need to use something that kills them but also they bring back to the nest and kill off the queen and everything there. Plenty of Ant powders in DIY stores

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/fig...nts-with-borax
                This. Killing individuals is not going to resolve the problem, you have to eliminate the nest.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Very unusual for ants to come into a house unless they have have established a trail to a food source/water source.
                  As it has been dry recently they could simply be taking water from a leaking pipe or something. It has also been colder than ususal, that may be a factor.
                  The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                  Gwan the Welsh

Comment

I'd imagine heat is the factor, the house is clean (well cleaner since our twins stopped crushing biscuits and the like into the floorboards!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                      Cheers lads, I've never had this problem before and due to the layout of the house the fireplace is in the middle of the house so I really don't know how they are getting in.
                      Could they be getting in around the chimney somewhere? Are they on the roof or in the attic?
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Stop providing them with free stuff and they will go back to what they do best ie working. If they can expend just a small amount of energy , mosey into your house and get all their needs catered to they will never seek to look after their own welfare.
                        I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                        HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Eamo View Post
                          Stop providing them with free stuff and they will go back to what they do best ie working. If they can expend just a small amount of energy , mosey into your house and get all their needs catered to they will never seek to look after their own welfare.
                          You can even turn ant extermination into an argument against the welfare state.

You are gifted.
                          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Yeah, but I was talking about Leinster supporters up above.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                              Yeah, but I was talking about Leinster supporters up above.
                              Now now!

Comment

When your enjoying the fantastic time with one kid (how the fup do I entertain) when the rest of them are off on sleepovers etc, its fort building time baby, you drag them chairs in from the dining room and bring all the blankets (maybe towels) and all the teddies in the known universe into play and, quote "best day ever"
                                "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Working...
                                X