No announcement yet.

Handy Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the car a volvo by any chance Chippy? Friend of mine plagued with similar problem
    Con Artist

Comment

Rover 75. Bit of a known issue relating to the sunroof drains - apparently a moderately easy fix but I want to get the car dried out again before any mould sets in, or any electrics are affected.

I'm told there could be 5 or 6 litres of water soaked into the soundproofing foam underneath the carpet, so I'm guessing that moisture-absorbing crystals probably won't be sufficient on this occasion - any link to info about them Sulla, or a brand name I can look up?
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        Rover 75. Bit of a known issue relating to the sunroof drains - apparently a moderately easy fix but I want to get the car dried out again before any mould sets in, or any electrics are affected.

I'm told there could be 5 or 6 litres of water soaked into the soundproofing foam underneath the carpet, so I'm guessing that moisture-absorbing crystals probably won't be sufficient on this occasion - any link to info about them Sulla, or a brand name I can look up?
        Got them in the local hardware store You can get tubs of them as well as individual containers with which you fill with crystals
        Homebase & B&q certainly have had them in the past
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Kilrock the brand name on the tub. Calcium Chloride the active substance. I wouldn't recommend spreading them about, they need to be housed in a container. They absorb water and turns into a messy gue, which is probably quite corrosive.
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

It's a simple salt, if rust is an issue forget it
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Don't order ribs on a first date !

Comment

Never offer your warm toilet seat to a tall dark and handsome stranger in a public lavatory. Doing so may lead to a serious misunderstanding.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Fitzgerald's Park has free wifi. What a time to be alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrenda View Post
                    Fitzgerald's Park has free wifi. What a time to be alive!
                    Any idea whether it extends as far as the Cork County cricket ground? If so, then I'm relocating to Cork City.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

No clue OD. I was sitting in front of the new bandstand/stage thingy. I'm heading down there again today and if I think of it I'll check.

Comment

No wifi by the Cricket Club Mr. Elderly Dog. I didn't go down to the club house, just stood on the road and searched for wifi, but there was nothing turning up.

Comment

Working...
                        X