Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind farms to provide electricity to the UK market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Even better for EU not to be transferring huge amounts of funds to corrupt African regimes, the house of Saud, Iran, the Kremlin and worst of all Texas
    Every house on a half acre in ireland seems to have a woodstore somewhere at the back now full of logs seasoning for the fire/stove. People are becoming more savvy and keen to avoid paying for heat and light wherever possible and more power to them
    I am the million man.

Comment

Even better for EU not to be transferring huge amounts of funds to corrupt African regimes, the house of Saud, Iran, the Kremlin and worst of all Texas
      You forgot Venezuela!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        You forgot Venezuela!?!?
        Indeed, another superbly well run country
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

They will surely find a storage solution or else improve natural gas burning plants so they can only fire up as and when needed. There is engineering solutions for all this stuff. Not having to ship all our money to the Arabs is worth investing in.
          Interesting you mention gas plants. They already compensate wind by starting up/shutting down. CC Plants can do 500 mw in 30 mins from shut down. But starting up and shutting down is not very efficient and affects lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
            That's why storage is key and the likes of Tesla batteries will make a massive difference I think

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
            Replacing one environmental disaster (fossil fuel) for another (mining, lead, rare earth etc.) Is not the answer. Pissing billions against the wall while a few insiders get rich from wind is also not the answer.

Comment

Working...
            X