The All New Pictures Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    You are of course entitled to your opinion, as is everybody else.
    Just noticed I thanked this by accident and can't undo it

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post
      Did i miss something ?
      Grandpasimpson complained about a cartoon that took the p*ss out of the miracle of the loaves and fishes and a mod took it down for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
        Grandpasimpson complained about a cartoon that took the p*ss out of the miracle of the loaves and fishes and a mod took it down for him.
        A bit disingenuous there don't you think Fantom? I had no issues with the fishes, it with the extreme derogatory term which is sometimes used by the crude to describe women I had the problem with.

"Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
          A bit disingenuous there don't you think Fantom? I had no issues with the fishes, it with the extreme derogatory term which is sometimes used by the crude to describe women I had the problem with.

So this is too offensive for you? How 19th century of you.

Comment

If my belief is that women shouldn't be referred to as "bitches" and that no cartoon with the line "..... bring the bitches... " is funny to me then I would think that would make me the 21st century person and you the 19th?

Comment

If my belief is that women shouldn't be referred to as "bitches" and that no cartoon with the line "..... bring the bitches... " is funny to me then I would think that would make me the 21st century person and you the 19th?

Seems overly precious to me.
              It's the sort of thing the priest would have been going on about back when they were the 'good' guys.
              A programme on tv might have the word bitch used like this and there'd be calls for RTE to pull it.
              It's a generation later and we now have a new set of self-appointed moral guardians.
              Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose.

Comment

IMO very few people would describe the term "bitches" as an extreme derogatory term and certainly nobody who uses it is "crude", however the mods police this site and if they take down a post, I have to accept it, but I do not agree with your personal view, it would seem from your original comment you wish to link to the Belfast case but the pic I posted was a million miles from that area.

Comment

We should't accept derogatory terms for other people as somehow the norm. There's no need for it and for the love of god why is it necessary to offend people based on their religion, race or gender?

IMO, it's ok to call someone as asshole, a prick or a ****, especially to their face. But it's not ok to use derogatory terms for an entire gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
                  Last edited by rathbaner; 2nd-April-2018, 22:52.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                    IMO it's ok to call someone as asshole, a prick or a ****, especially to their face. But it's not ok to use derogatory terms for an entire gender, race or sexual orientation.
                    ROFL! It's like it's OK to offend someone as long as you keep it real.

Comment

So freedom of speech crumbles under the softly falling flakes
                      I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                      HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Eamo View Post
                        So freedom of speech crumbles under the softly falling flakes
                        You're content write that on a public forum and then call me flakey?

Pull yourself together man.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

There's a fair amount of leeway, but there is no unlimited "freedom of speech" on here. It's a moderated site. Go to twitter or the comments section under youtube videos if you want a free-for-all.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

They might allow that sort of thing on foreign websites but we won't be having it here?
                            The joke you pulled wouldn't have upset a granny.
                            Maybe you should change your handle to Fr. Chips?

Comment

"I said bring bitches not fishes" is no form of a joke. If we haven't learned anything from the last few months in particular about our attitudes and references to women then I don't really know what to say.

Comment

"I said bring bitches not fishes" is no form of a joke.
                                I didn't find it funny either to be honest. But i wasn't offended by it and if I had been, so bloody what?

Comment

Working...
                                X