Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
    Searched for 'VPN'

"Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again."

Searched for 'feedback' and results were returned, however this thread was not the top result.
    VPN is too short a word.

Click the down arrow, search in titles only.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

New emojis are great.
        "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Tapatalk should now be working a lot better then before.

Comment

I like the little report banner at the top of the page..... thumbs up frog...
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Find the site terrible to use, sad to say. Many decent posters have gone elsewhere, understandably. I have given it quite a few goes now but I have had enough. Hopefully I will catch you at the games.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                Find the site terrible to use, sad to say. Many decent posters have gone elsewhere, understandably. I have given it quite a few goes now but I have had enough. Hopefully I will catch you at the games.
                Are you still aiming for the Munster fans "more comebacks than Elvis" award?
                Last edited by B.A.; 5th-October-2019, 19:45.
                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

I can understand a few things....

Websites are commercial entities and the owners want to make some return.

There has to be an income to pay the bills.

We don’t pay to use the site

One way of doing that is through advertising which on the site isn’t overly big.

BUT

Of all the advertising revenue that exists why can’t people see the issues with Gambling and decide not to accept money from gambling companies that have no morals and exploit people who essentially have an illness.

That’s before looking at the company the revenue is actually coming from, quinn betting a directly family owned Quinn Company. Sure as of yet it’s not proven that there is any involvement between the Quinn’s and what has happened with QIH but the parallels should be enough for any business to distance themselves from any business owned by the Quinn family.

Not that taking Ladbrokes or paddy powers money is any better...

Comment

No idea what the arrangements regarding ads on the site are and I have no control over them whatsoever, but I would agree with your objections on both grounds.

Not that it makes any of this any more acceptable, but on my own devices I haven't seen an ad on any site I use for well over a decade - I use Firefox as a browser, with the AdBlock Plus add-on together with NoScript and Ghostery. I highly recommend them.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Can the mods change the threat title of the Joe.ie podcast thread, to "Joe.ie Baz and Andrews House of Rugby Thread"
                      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Hi,
                        Don't know what changes were made but sure is working perfectly under tapatalk again. Even the historic threads such as Brexit, trump load instantly.
                        Super work.

Ruairi

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                          I can understand a few things....

Websites are commercial entities and the owners want to make some return.

There has to be an income to pay the bills.

We don’t pay to use the site

One way of doing that is through advertising which on the site isn’t overly big.

BUT

Of all the advertising revenue that exists why can’t people see the issues with Gambling and decide not to accept money from gambling companies that have no morals and exploit people who essentially have an illness.

That’s before looking at the company the revenue is actually coming from, quinn betting a directly family owned Quinn Company. Sure as of yet it’s not proven that there is any involvement between the Quinn’s and what has happened with QIH but the parallels should be enough for any business to distance themselves from any business owned by the Quinn family.

Not that taking Ladbrokes or paddy powers money is any better...

To the best of my knowledge it's hard to control. You sign your site up to an ad platform like google ads, then the platform scans your content and pushes the ads as appropriate. A site like this doesn't sell ad space as such - it just offers up boxes to the ad platform, which then pushes whatever it feels like.

Hence a site with lots of sports content receiving Sports ads.

I don't know how much freedom the platform gives websites to opt out of certain categories etc but from memory the scope isn't huge.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                            Can the mods change the threat title of the Joe.ie podcast thread, to "Joe.ie Baz and Andrews House of Rugby Thread"
                            Ordinarily I'd have done that no problem, but after what happened a few days ago when I tried to merge a couple of threads only for the forum to have a sh1tfit and wipe one of them entirely, I'm reluctant to do anything that isn't completely essential with the admin controls until I know the same won't happen again.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                            X