Feedback to new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
    This is probably a good idea. It'll be easier for new users to speak up without intimidating rows of green.
    I never even noticed the greens or the reds.... I definitely wouldn´t have noticed they were gone unless his Queenship, LI, started bleating about it..!!! ;)
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Good move lads, get rid of the post counter too!
      Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
        Good move lads, get rid of the post counter too!
        we should get rid of the user names too...and have a game of 'which one is dowlinz' every Friday...
        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

I don't know what all the fuss is about. jeeeeez
          The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
          Gwan the Welsh

Comment

hadnt even noticed until i read it here. how to you abuse it anyway? ii never really paid that much attention to it. was it based on thanks/reports?
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
              I never even noticed the greens or the reds.... I definitely wouldn´t have noticed they were gone unless his Queenship, LI, started bleating about it..!!! ;)
              That's Crown Prince Asshole to you.....

bunch of Commie charlatan bastards
              "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                hadnt even noticed until i read it here. how to you abuse it anyway? ii never really paid that much attention to it. was it based on thanks/reports?

No - a parallel system, which was part of the rationale for removing it. As you say, we have a facility to thank posts we like, and we can report ones that are offensive or objectionable with Mods following on with infractions/suspensions/bans.

The reputation system sat alongside that, allowing you to add or subtract from someone's reputation, to no real end that I've been able to identify.

So all it managed to do was generate messages to us asking who had given people red rep, and encourage people to indulge in tit for tat button pushing.

All in, not huge grief but some - and uncompensated by any sort of benefit that we could see.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  No - a parallel system, which was part of the rationale for removing it. As you say, we have a facility to thank posts we like, and we can report ones that are offensive or objectionable with Mods following on with infractions/suspensions/bans.

The reputation system sat alongside that, allowing you to add or subtract from someone's reputation, to no real end that I've been able to identify.

So all it managed to do was generate messages to us asking who had given people red rep, and encourage people to indulge in tit for tat button pushing.

All in, not huge grief but some - and uncompensated by any sort of benefit that we could see.
                  It gave me an imperfect (Cowboy higher than me - c'mon) but somewhat reasonable summation of just how awesome and cherished I am!!

I think that is more than enough benefit for everybody

Comment

It got me into trouble so I say good ridance to it!
                    Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
                      It gave me an imperfect (Cowboy higher than me - c'mon) but somewhat reasonable summation of just how awesome and cherished I am!!

I think that is more than enough benefit for everybody

If you couldnt understand all that Larryspeak gibberish fear not! I have translated into plain english and placed it inside this youtube video below:
                      I am the million man.

Comment

I had no idea there was a rep system in place...:_sad__rvmp_by_bad_b
                        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                        Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                          It got me into trouble so I say good ridance to it!
                          What did you do, you creep?

Comment

That's Crown Prince Asshole to you.....

bunch of Commie charlatan bastards
                            :_innocent__rvmp_by_
                            Attached Files
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

What did you do, you creep?
                              I saw red!
                              Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

To be fair, it is an internet rugby messageboard, so you can see why people would take it so seriously.
                                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Working...
                                X