Feedback to new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
    Seems to be less functional outcomes from Search. E.g. search for "France" or "World Cup" in advanced search in Title yielded randomly dated results rather than chronologically from last post. Also, search for "TG4" or "RWC" (which appears in the title of several threads) was deemed too common or short and "was excluded from the search".
    On Chronology - The advanced search functions has the option which is not default. However, you can get the search function to remember your preferences. This is good.

Now to figure out why a search for "vegetables" yields no results even though the "grow your own" thread still exists...
    (The mother-in-law was digging that one and glad to see it wasn't killed! Puns most intended)

Comment

Looks superb, the whats new function is great , similar to the very old front page all recent activity in one place.
      Reply and typing not great on android tablet, will check out tapatalk.
      What is the difference between reply and + reply to thread

Comment

Originally posted by crowl1 View Post
        Looks superb, the whats new function is great , similar to the very old front page all recent activity in one place.
        Reply and typing not great on android tablet, will check out tapatalk.
        What is the difference between reply and + reply to thread
        The first reply option just lets you reply as normal.
        The second reply option lets you reply quoting that post.
        The third reply option lets you quote multiple posts. Just hit that button on all the posts you want to quote and they'll be in the text box when you go to reply.

If that's what you were asking.
        I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Just forked out for the tapatalk app and the forum doesn't look half bad on it!
          "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I agree with Cathal - Active Topics is a very useful Feature - if I hadn't logged on in 24 hrs, I could see everything in that ctime frame with one click. also, you need to be looged in to use 'What's New'

Also, I seemed to be getting logged out automatically in a short timeframe - I used to be able to leave the forum for an hour and return w/o logging back in.

Thanks!
            Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
              Just forked out for the tapatalk app and the forum doesn't look half bad on it!
              Same here. Great option on a droid! Thanks!

Comment

Works great on the iPhone also.

Comment

The whole website looks great. Some excellent articles on the front page, which i really like. Hopefully it won't go the same way as Munsterfans v1.0 where the front page was basically ignored by all and sundry. Well done everyone. Only thing i don't like is the red background (again) as it really stands out when trying to surf the net quietly in work.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Buceph View Post
                    The forum is Tapatalk enabled. Tapatalk is $2.99 and really good for reading forums in general and Munsterfans in particular. It's my most used app.
                    Thanks Buceph. Downloaded & sorted now. Looks good...

Comment

Originally posted by Red October View Post
                      Thanks Buceph. Downloaded & sorted now. Looks good...
                      Sounds like I might have to give my wallet a shock. 3 dollars. Wonder if the $ is going to go up or down against the euro in te next few days?
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
                        Anybody hovered their mouse over the little 'icon' under their username yet?

Larry?
                        How does one hover on an iPad?
                        "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by Buceph View Post
                          The first reply option just lets you reply as normal.
                          The second reply option lets you reply quoting that post.
                          The third reply option lets you quote multiple posts. Just hit that button on all the posts you want to quote and they'll be in the text box when you go to reply.

If that's what you were asking.
                          Yes it was, thanks Buceph

Comment

Looking even better!

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

I think that it's unfortunate that it isn't possible to (a) delete one's post or (b) change a post title.
                            I'm pleased to advise that one's posts can now be deleted!

It also appears as though posts can only be edited for a limited period of time - which may well prevent cunning wide boys from retrospectively changing their score predictions, etc!
                            Last edited by Old Dog; 18th-August-2011, 19:20. Reason: because I can!
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

It's good to still be able to see the thread after you use the quote function. That's a small thing that annoyed me a bit on the last site.

Comment

Just starting to look through it. Will take a bit of getting used to, but change is good.

Thank you to all who worked on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X