No announcement yet.

Feedback to new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to find this thread yesterday but couldn't despite searching with 'new site'.
    Problem-I am unable to upload the picture I want for my avatar. A message keeps comes up saying upload failed. Size of image and file type etc seems ok. I'm on a mac.
    Thanks in advance for help.
    Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

pm'd you
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

The search thing is my biggest gripe. Even if you put in the EXACT name of the thread there's no guarantee it'll come up on the first page.
        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
        Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
          Just tried to add a new topic but failed miserably. I gave up. What chance have new users
          Well that's a relief!!!
          \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
          Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
            I'd agree with a lot of the above.

As regards site issues - when you copy and paste an article, say, from The Guardian, it seems to automatically take the paragraphs out. Any way of rectifying this? Makes posting stuff annoying to do and annoying to read.
            Any update on this lads? Still happens
            Marty in the Morning

Comment

Have to say, quite like the new site now, think it was just a matter of getting used to it.
              Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                Any update on this lads? Still happens
                Have you tried pasting as plain text (3rd icon from the left).

Comment

It's still way quieter than last year, after the HEC games there is much less discussion imo. The site itself is fine but we seem to have lost a few members, where's Patman these days?

Comment

This site is showing in a gigantic font on my screen today - but every other site is appearing in its normal font size.

Is this phenomenon unique to me or did Kermit or one of the other web wizards select the "blind bastard" font setting today?
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      This site is showing in a gigantic font on my screen today - but every other site is appearing in its normal font size.

Is this phenomenon unique to me or did Kermit or one of the other web wizards select the "blind bastard" font setting today?

Are you drooling over your keyboard again?
                      Last edited by Boo-boo; 22nd-December-2011, 12:01. Reason: Cos ol' dog will give out
                      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post

Are you drooling over your keyboard again?
                        Alas, I have a saliva duct blockage problem, thus most of my drooling occurs at gusset level.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Must be just you OD.
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                            Must be just you OD.
                            As I feared.

But I can't for the life of me find what setting I must have changed inadvertently - and there's nada in the FAQs to help me reverse it.

Comment

Is it just the font, or is it the whole page?
                              If the page, try pressing ctrl+ or ctrl- to make it larger or smaller.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                                Is it just the font, or is it the whole page?
                                If the page, try pressing ctrl+ or ctrl- to make it larger or smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                X