No announcement yet.

Feedback to new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the new site is great looking. Agree with the Hugh Jardon re the new posts. Will take a while for it to sink in, me thinks. Like the new Munsterfans logo at the top, colours. Well done to everyone involved.
    Rugby Atletico de Madrid Division De Honor 2012/2013

Comment

I likey

Comment

Very impressive. Well done on all the hard work that obviously went into getting it up and running. Front page looks cluttered on mobile browser with some graphics overlapping text (on my android phone anyway). Any plans for a mobile version in the future?

Comment

Issue with pictures & images uploaded on the Mfans V2, some if not most aren't showing in threads.

Comment

Is there any way to reply quoting a whole conversation rather than just one post? Makes things confusing when there's more than one discussion going on in the same thread!
            Also not a fan of the front page, there appears to be little or no forum related stuff on there!
            Also looks too much like boards.nobs.ie for my liking

Otherwise do go ahead :D
            "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
              All in fact. I know, and couldn't care less.
              Sound out, Time for a new Picture thread then?

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
                Is there any way to reply quoting a whole conversation rather than just one post? Makes things confusing when there's more than one discussion going on in the same thread!
                If you click on the two little arrows next to the name in the quote box it'll jump you up to the post being quoted. Then you can follow that quote back again, etc. I find it far easier to parse than the big pyramids of quotes that happened otherwise.

Try it for a while, you might get to appreciate it.

Also, Oz/Kermit, is Tapatalk installed yet?
                I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Originally posted by plastic View Post
                  Initial thought is that I miss the old 'Active Topics' page i.e. the way it was set out in Forum order - so I could flick throught the Munster news/thoughts, then onto other rugby stuff, then general topics and then other sports - now it's just in post order.

My morning routine has been disrupted !
                  but change is good and chapeau to all those who obviously put a lot of work in.

PS how about a sweepstake on the first sin-binning ? Or has one already occured ?
                  I agree on the Active Topics as it allowed to see only posts that had been updated since last visit or since a particular time.

This does not appear available with the whats new button
                  "When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams, this may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness. But maddest of all -- to see life as it is, and not as it should be!"

Comment

Try 'New Posts' located under the Home button.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I like the new site. It will take some time to find everything again, but it looks really good. I think having the new front page set up so hat articles are not lost in the midst of all the other threads will encourage more people to contribute to the site.

Edit: It also posts properly from chrome :D

Comment

Originally posted by LouthExile View Post
                        Very impressive. Well done on all the hard work that obviously went into getting it up and running. Front page looks cluttered on mobile browser with some graphics overlapping text (on my android phone anyway). Any plans for a mobile version in the future?
                        The site is still quite incomplete but we have chosen to launch nonetheless; a technological jump was badly needed.

The mobile version is the next big thing I want to do, there should be a Iphone and an Android ap.

Comment

is there any way to set it up so that when you log in your 'dafult page' is the 'Whats New' one ?

Apart from that, it looks good. . . .iphone and/or ipad app would be great :)

Comment

Originally posted by Buceph View Post
                            If you click on the two little arrows next to the name in the quote box it'll jump you up to the post being quoted. Then you can follow that quote back again, etc. I find it far easier to parse than the big pyramids of quotes that happened otherwise.

Try it for a while, you might get to appreciate it.

Also, Oz/Kermit, is Tapatalk installed yet?
                            OOh clever thing with the double arrow button beside the name. I've learned a lot today!
                            I am not the most...technically minded and I am finding my way about so it cannot be that difficult a site!:o A little time and a few helpful hints seems to work nicely.
                            Thanks to all for their work and dedication.
                            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Looks good, like boards.ie which isn't a bad thing. Serious kudos to the work of froggie. Hows the site funded these days?
                              Main problem is no proper active topics on front page, surely that's the most important thing for discussion. Any decent forum always has this on the front page.
                              Last edited by Tobyglen; 18th-August-2011, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot Soldier View Post
                                I agree on the Active Topics as it allowed to see only posts that had been updated since last visit or since a particular time.

This does not appear available with the whats new button
                                Also try Quick Links-Todays Posts: Not perfect mind, but does list posts from the past day

Comment

Working...
                                X