Feedback to new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Anyone?? Does the Auto-Save function actually work? Not that bothered about one specific nugget of wisdom, but it'll be good to know whether there's a way to use it or if I need to resort to copying my text every so often.
    It would suggest that it is saved to the server alright. It'll be a good function if it works. At the moment Blabla is very quiet, hence the deafening silence on your query, I suspect.

Comment

Seems to me that there were issues that should have been ironed out before the new site went live.

Thanks LD for the info you posted, pity a mod hadn't posted it earlier.

Quite a major issue for most here I would have thought.
      Have to say it's taking me a while to get used to navigating around here.
      Also is a mod going to answer whether we will have a chat room? Used to enjoy it during matches sometimes.
      Life is good

Comment

Thanks kermit.

Can I ask why no chatroom?
        Life is good

Comment

In the latest threads column on the Home page it's first Post of the thread that's showing up for me, not the latest or last thread. as was before. There is a small link to the latest post but the text is from the very 1st post on the thread.

Comment

Froggy - sorry if people have asked u this already.... but i need to constantly refresh the pages to get the most up to date posts....

Other wise....top job to u and the lads
            "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally Posted by mr chips
              Anyone?? Does the Auto-Save function actually work? Not that bothered about one specific nugget of wisdom, but it'll be good to know whether there's a way to use it or if I need to resort to copying my text every so often.

Originally posted by kermit
              Yes it works, you need to go into Advanced, and if there is something to restore, there's a button there to restore it.
              Cheers kermit. Tis there alright, although my points have now been made for me!
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

First post since the upgrade, but I like the new design. I do like the subscriptions. One email per thread\forum per day showing the threads updated during that day. This is very handy for us out foreign, and not in the same time zone as most posters.
                On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                  Seems to me that there were issues that should have been ironed out before the new site went live.

Thanks LD for the info you posted, pity a mod hadn't posted it earlier.

Quite a major issue for most here I would have thought.
                  Have to say it's taking me a while to get used to navigating around here.
                  Also is a mod going to answer whether we will have a chat room? Used to enjoy it during matches sometimes.
                  Good point. Next time we move a forum to a new platform we will quit our day jobs before to make sure that every thing works seemlessly....
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Well, it's all fierce new and shiny, liking it so far. Major kudos to all involved. Sorry for being a pain but fair play Mr. Frog, you sorted out my shortcomings in quick time (thumbs up)
                    "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                      plastic, If you click on "What's New?" you will see all the currect active threads.
                      How do you get to view posts from the last 2 hours etc? If I click on What's New I get a sh*t load of threads I don't actually wanna see (like 8 pages of them!!)
                      "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Can highly recommend tapatalk. Great for seeing recent posts.

While I agree that the front page needs regular updating (and this needs contributors) the forums are much more user friendly. I found the last set up frustrating in terms of pictures and embedded videos etc. Chat never worked with Safari so won't miss that.

Only thing that does frustrate is multiple threads on the same game. this is for mods and posters to sort out.

overall I think a great job has been done. I think we all appreciate the work that goes into the site.

Comment

OK - I've spent the last 20 mins trying to sort this, so any help is appreciated!

I want to change the order of posts in a thread from Newest first, to Oldest first. I've tried 'Display' and 'forum Settings' - to no avail - can anyone advise? Thanks!
                          Last edited by Blindsider.; 23rd-August-2011, 12:35.
                          Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindsider. View Post
                            OK - I've spent the last 20 mins trying to sort this, so any help is appreciated!

I want to change the order of posts in a thread from Newest first, to Oldest first. I've tried 'Display' and 'forum Settings' - to no avail - can anyone advise? Thanks!
                            click... Settings..... General Settings.... Thread Display Mode ----
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindsider. View Post

Click on Forum button, Look under 'What's new' button , drop down menu 'forum Actions', General Settings, Thread Display Options, make your pick from the Thread Display mode.
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Thanks McC and ILC - I hadn't 'Saved settings' at bottom of Page - all sorted now!
                                Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Working...
                                X