Feedback to new site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback to new site

Sorry guys, but first impressions are that I would prefer the old format. I really don't like the fact that the Main page is more
    Like an RTE or Sky sports main page and not about Munster rugby. If I want to see BBC sports news I will go to the BBC site. I am still feeling my way around, but if I go to the new posts page( the old latest news section), I see everything and not just
    Munster news. I see bla bla, international news, etc. It took years to get the old site to separate out the bla bla from real munster rugby news, is that now. Lst or is there a way to customise the view so that I only see Munster forum posts?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate change, but when I log into Munsterfans, I want to see the main page full of Munster related
    News, and this is Not what I am seeing.

Initial thought is that I miss the old 'Active Topics' page i.e. the way it was set out in Forum order - so I could flick throught the Munster news/thoughts, then onto other rugby stuff, then general topics and then other sports - now it's just in post order.

My morning routine has been disrupted !
    but change is good and chapeau to all those who obviously put a lot of work in.

PS how about a sweepstake on the first sin-binning ? Or has one already occured ?

Comment

Lads thanks for the feedback, the editorial setup is still under way and everything can still be moved around, taken away or put forward. So your opinion does matter.

Comment

plastic, If you click on "What's New?" you will see all the currect active threads.

Comment

Originally posted by shep View Post
          Sorry guys, but first impressions are that I would prefer the old format. I really don't like the fact that the Main page is more
          Like an RTE or Sky sports main page and not about Munster rugby. If I want to see BBC sports news I will go to the BBC site. I am still feeling my way around, but if I go to the new posts page( the old latest news section), I see everything and not just
          Munster news. I see bla bla, international news, etc. It took years to get the old site to separate out the bla bla from real munster rugby news, is that now. Lst or is there a way to customise the view so that I only see Munster forum posts?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate change, but when I log into Munsterfans, I want to see the main page full of Munster related
          News, and this is Not what I am seeing.
          I'd have to agree with these comments. I much prefer the old front page format and, as Shep says, if I want to read the BBC's opinion I'll go to the BBC website.

However - there's often resistance to change in the early days - in a weeks time when I'm more familiar with the site I might be perfectly happy!
          "Just to be clear, Poite is an idiot" The Plastic Paddy 11-04-2012

Comment

I think it is super, bang right up to date, congrats to all involved, I know there has been a massive effort to get the site up and
            running
            If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

I'm liking the new layout and look all right. My one and only gripe is on the threads view the thread title seems to be getting lost and the thread deatials and page markers are over shadowing it.
              I think it might be the shade of blue isn't projecting past the black font of the details and the other blues around the page. I'd suggest a different, maybe darker shade of blue or making the thread titles a size bigger than the details.
              Anyways - thanks for the hard work in updating the site, its definitely a setup from v2.0

Comment

Looks good lads, took me a while to get logged in but once your in its smooth sailing.

The minimum character option is excellent, I never have to look at a plus 1 again, aslo what is the auto save thing that popped in the corner?

Well done to Oz, Kermit and the rest of the team
                Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Comment

It does look good - nice and fresh. I miss the Number of Active Users etc, and a list of who's reading the thread I'm reading.

What is 'Add to this User's reputation' and the Star icon?

Thanks and great job!
                  Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Lots of shiny new stuff to figure out but so far, so good.

Comment

It's very snappy, using Firefox on MacOSX 10.4 it responds really well. Still finding my way around but it is a delight so far. Well done to all involved and thank you for your efforts.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                        Looks good lads, took me a while to get logged in but once your in its smooth sailing.

The minimum character option is excellent, I never have to look at a plus 1 again, aslo what is the auto save thing that popped in the corner?

Well done to Oz, Kermit and the rest of the team
                        Here here +1
                        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                        Dalai Lama

Comment

Similar to above, the thread title looks a bit lost in the detail on the thread lists. i miss typing "mun" into the browser and active topics popping up in my history. I'll just have to bookmark new posts now so no biggie but i also preferred active topics broken down into the forum

Trying to test out the search fuction but have to wait 30 seconds betwen searches. I tried searching everything for "anyone sick" to find the overweight thread but it didnt show up (its here, i lost 11lbs and want to boast http://www.munsterfans.com/forums/17...ge4?order=desc)

overall however, well done. It looks like it was a big undertaking
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

While initially I wasn't sure about the new layout I think it's important to move onwards and upwards and soon we'll be lost without the blogging and editorials - although I'm not at all sure about Hugonaut's assertion that Frik du Preez "laid the wood" into anyone on the blindside :P

http://www.munsterfans.com/content/1...-Hybrid-Rower1

Comment

Would prefer New posts divided into Forums rather than all together.

Search is overtly complicated, would rather it defaulted to search the thread title rather than whole post, 30 second rule doesn't help this

Looks nice

Comment

Working...
                              X