Washing Machine problem!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing Machine problem!!

Strange one I know, but will do anything before I call in an expensive professional.

I was opening the washing machine door this morning and the actual handle snapped off, leaving me with a closed machine door that I can't seem to get open. I thought it would be easy to get the thing open manually but the locking mechanism seems pretty complicated. Anyone have any washing machine repair experience that could help me out? Just chancing my arm posting this one but you never know!
    http://www.rebelwaves.com

YOu could try googling the machine manual on the web? Get the manufacturer, model etc? Might help you out?

I hope you have a spare pair of pants? [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by DonL
      I was opening the washing machine door this morning

The question has to be asked...Why? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
        I was opening the washing machine door this morning
        The question has to be asked...Why? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

I needed to get some hot water for my tea and thought this was the best appliance to supply it
        http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

I think you should be investigated for knowing you need hot water to make tea.

Comment

Strange one I know, but will do anything before I call in an expensive professional.

I was opening the washing machine door this morning and the actual handle snapped off, leaving me with a closed machine door that I can't seem to get open. I thought it would be easy to get the thing open manually but the locking mechanism seems pretty complicated. Anyone have any washing machine repair experience that could help me out? Just chancing my arm posting this one but you never know!

It sounds like it wasn't finished its cycle and was still under vacum seal and you broke it
              Is it only a game?
              And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

It happened to me. You can open it by putting flat head screw driver in where you can see the mechanics of door lock and pushing over to the right to undo clasp ( if the door clasp is on right side of course) Bascially just keep trying you'll get the hang of it!. I worked the machine successfully for another year like that as I think I was told the it requires a whole new door!! It was on it's last legs anyway.<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                window.open = SymWinOpen;
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

Yep, that'll do it.... a new door would be expensive...

Comment

Bearings in our 6 year old Zanussi went, the appliance of science ehh,[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img], anyway Shopping around; anybody have experience of Indesit machines, good?, bad?, avoid?.

ps. Harvey Norman CAN be beaten on price, all the the time.

Comment

I'm told Miele is the way to go RobbieG. Bigger out lay at the start but Miele bearing will still be going strong 10 years on.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
                        Bearings in our 6 year old Zanussi went, the appliance of science ehh,[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img], anyway Shopping around; anybody have experience of Indesit machines, good?, bad?, avoid?.

ps. Harvey Norman CAN be beaten on price, all the the time.
                        Indesit=Hotpoint=Disaster.

Honest Advice Robbie=Whirlpool=[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img].I see very little problems with them.Miele if you have the quids could last you up to 20 years.

Samsung Washing machines that are now on the market if you can find them seem excellent also and give longer parts and labour guarantees in some cases(online guarantee depending on the model),but I have seen 7kg Samsungs for less than 400 euros.

My final advice is that if you were unhappy with Zanussi,dont buy an Electrolux or a Tricity Bendix as they are all the same company.

Comment

Cheers Guys, spotted afew Samsungs but ddin't look at as haven't heard much about them, any thoughts on Hoover?, can get a 7kg load 1400 for under €400

Comment

Best site on the web this!!
                            Door handle kits from espares here from UK£7.00.
                            You will need a UK delivery address.
                            [I wait til people I know are going to visit friends, get the visiting address and order in their name so it's waiting for them when they arrive[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]]
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Bought a Bosch 3 years ago. A really quite machine, and still is.

Comment

Working...
                              X